A Problem with Wurt's Playstyle in Dst and how to fix it

So recently I've been playing Wurt and i completed Merm king, But i felt cheated out of two seasons worth of time. The Payout didn't feel worth the effort, i could have tended to my farms, Ruins rushed, Worked on completing pearls quest, However. Merm king Took a lots of resources, and it really took the Together Aspect out of Don't Starve together. While my Base buddies asked me to help them out with certain things, in MANY RUNS i always Brushed them off like "Not right now, I'll go do dragonfly once i complete Merm king I feel Guilty, but if i want to be able to Truly access my specialty as Wurt; the Merm queen i have to get these things on my checklist done. No one really see's a Wurt and tells themself, hmm...i see a Wurt on this server, I'll play Wurt and do Wurt things with them. No one does it, so i do ask. since it is a Do it YOURSELF Royalty kit, and not a DO IT TOGETHER Royalty kit, that you allow Wurt to use a Construction Amulet while building Merm king to be able to get a reduced Cause on Merm king Please. Who Knows, Maybe Merm king a Pearl can have a special interaction "i wonder how that could turn out

"Buffs i feel are NEEDED to be added to the game"

• Allow Merm king to wear a Belt of Hunger. "Pig king gets the wear a Belt so why doesn't Merm king?"
  • Allow construction Amulet to reduce the cost of the Merm king ingredients (post building the tapestry). "You could take a quick sailing trip and head right back and still not have enough seaweeds"

"Buffs i Don't care about however if any extra love was wanting to be given then feel free to add"

• Maybe, and I'm just saying MAYBE Allow Wurt to not be able to be Agro'd by frogs, since Merms and Frogs are just Evolved Frogs, (if you really wanna show some love, allow Wurt to be able to turn frogs into Merms just like how 3 monster meat turns pigs into Warepigs (maybe you can make it take 3 days or something for a frog to evolve to a merm?).
  • When Merm king is active, wurt can eat Lightbulbs to glow (this is the extra'est of the extra, only because i see the Angelfish skin for Wurt.

P.s these are some extra buffs that I've been thinking should have already been in the game before i started playing it.

• Wolfgang can lift structures like Mabel pieces, Boulders, Giant Vegetables, and moonstone idols and walk at regular speeds while in mighty mode

EwcYxJbXEAETD00.jpg

On 5/19/2021 at 3:16 PM, clayblob2 said:

So recently I've been playing Wurt and i completed Merm king, But i felt cheated out of two seasons worth of time. The Payout didn't feel worth the effort, i could have tended to my farms, Ruins rushed, Worked on completing pearls quest, However. Merm king Took a lots of resources, and it really took the Together Aspect out of Don't Starve together. While my Base buddies asked me to help them out with certain things, in MANY RUNS i always Brushed them off like "Not right now, I'll go do dragonfly once i complete Merm king I feel Guilty, but if i want to be able to Truly access my specialty as Wurt; the Merm queen i have to get these things on my checklist done.

for this part i see this as blame the player not the character it was you who put all effort into it it was you who dismissed invitations to help your friends and for the other stuff merm king could use some more buffs which i'd love to see but wurt is a good character all ready imo and the merm king kinda just needs decreased cost

No one really see's a Wurt and tells themself, hmm...i see a Wurt on this server, I'll play Wurt and do Wurt things with them. No one does it,

this part is just assumption and i don't get how you prove this since again its hard to argue for and against this point but i will say i have had experiences on pubs where me and a wurt will make a kingdom in the swamp and provide clever disguises for the team mates so we have resource gathering to the max since anyone can go with merms and gather mountains of resources but i don't see wurts often in pubs so its hard to conclude since its such a small sample size

Maybe, and I'm just saying MAYBE Allow Wurt to not be able to be Agro'd by frogs, since Merms and Frogs are just Evolved Frogs, (if you really wanna show some love, allow Wurt to be able to turn frogs into Merms just like how 3 monster meat turns pigs into Warepigs (maybe you can make it take 3 days or something for a frog to evolve to a merm?).

and just a small nitpick i don't see this happening since canocially they aren't evolved frogs

On 5/22/2021 at 12:35 PM, Dextops said:

for this part i see this as blame the player not the character it was you who put all effort into it it was you who dismissed invitations to help your friends and for the other stuff merm king could use some more buffs which i'd love to see but wurt is a good character all ready imo and the merm king kinda just needs decreased cost

this part is just assumption and i don't get how you prove this since again its hard to argue for and against this point but i will say i have had experiences on pubs where me and a wurt will make a kingdom in the swamp and provide clever disguises for the team mates so we have resource gathering to the max since anyone can go with merms and gather mountains of resources but i don't see wurts often in pubs so its hard to conclude since its such a small sample size

and just a small nitpick i don't see this happening since canocially they aren't evolved frogs

To be fair they don't imply one way or the other the only deconfirm we got was that they aren't goats at least on the constant.

Archived