Jump to content

When im Host my friends is lagging


Recommended Posts

Good day everyone, I have MacOS, MacBook pro, Big Sur ver 11.2.3, and when I Host my friends have connection problems, that is, everything works stably in the game until the evening, but as soon as evening comes they freeze and they have to re-enter the game to restore connectivity, I saw a bunch of posts with a solution to this problem, but none of them worked for me. I've tried tick rate 60, dedicated server, static ip, and a bunch of things like these. Please help me solve the problem, I want to play T-T

P.s. internet fiber optic and directly connected to the MacBook, the internet works stably !!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, darksoulxxx said:

no, when the host is someone else, my friends are always all right, and when the host is me they have a lag

It may be a problem specifically with your connection to each-other. I'm not sure of any solutions to this.
I hope you figure it out soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

noticed that when I don't create a cave, all my friends have everything working fine

1 hour ago, X-lem said:

What model of MacBook Pro do you have? How many people are on the server when you start to have issues?

MacBook Pro 16, 3 players 

1 hour ago, xBeefaloSL4Y3Rx said:

Are there more people in your house using the internet? It might not be able to handle multiple people being connected at the same time

All are sleeping now)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, darksoulxxx said:

noticed that when I don't create a cave, all my friends have everything working fine

If this is the case it’s likely your computer can’t handle running two servers, three friends, and you playing. I’d recommend not using caves or have one of your friends host the server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, X-lem said:

If this is the case it’s likely your computer can’t handle running two servers, three friends, and you playing. I’d recommend not using caves or have one of your friends host the server.

but the computer stably supports 60 fps and there are no lags

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, darksoulxxx said:

but the computer stably supports 60 fps and there are no lags

Not really sure what that has to do with running a server. The 60 FPS is mainly going to be handled by your integrated graphics while the server/other players is handled by your CPU. 

If you can all play with with no caves, but can’t play when you enable caves I think it’s pretty obvious your computer can’t handle the load.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, X-lem said:

Not really sure what that has to do with running a server. The 60 FPS is mainly going to be handled by your integrated graphics while the server/other players is handled by your CPU. 

If you can all play with with no caves, but can’t play when you enable caves I think it’s pretty obvious your computer can’t handle the load.

ok, I'll try to run don't starve on a windows virtual machine, let's see the problem in a weak pc or in compatibility with mac os

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has happened to me several times in different games, like as AoE2, and it's not about the connection at all. I know because I was the host then and we were playing on LAN and our connection was IDENTICAL.
We just played the best we could, so he made the games. If anyone finds a possible reason for this, please call me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, X-lem said:

Not really sure what that has to do with running a server. The 60 FPS is mainly going to be handled by your integrated graphics while the server/other players is handled by your CPU. 

If you can all play with with no caves, but can’t play when you enable caves I think it’s pretty obvious your computer can’t handle the load.

so when playing on a virtual machine with a windows 10 operating system, lags did not occur when playing with caves and 4 people on the server

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, darksoulxxx said:

so when playing on a virtual machine with a windows 10 operating system, lags did not occur when playing with caves and 4 people on the server

O good, also interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, darksoulxxx said:

Maybe I should to write in support?

I just saw a bunch of similar problems, but there is not a single solution

You said you tried running a dedicated server on a mac? Honestly I've never tried running a dedicated server on a mac so I have no frame of reference for that. Also not sure if it would even be a Klei issue or just a MacOS issue so I can't advice much on if a support ticket would result in anything, though it might not hurt to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...