Character swapping, how do you feel about it?

It was a much requested thing for a long time, it was absolutely necessary, although the execution I think was made poorly. 

I don’t see fair how people switch characters to Wolfgang before boss fights, or to Warly as soon as they got a million peppers and volt goat horns, then return to Wendy or WX or whatever. It removed entirely the uniqueness of having to deal with the character selection, and the cons on whatever character you picked. Your choice does not matter anymore.

I think it should have worked from the beginning with a very long cooldown between swaps, or as it was also said earlier, it should be a very late game thing, since by that point character cons don’t matter anyway. The problem is that making swaps harder now, will raise a lot of anger among the people that enjoy changing characters every 5 days and have made it their way to play the game for a very long time: -“If you don’t like it don’t use it”. 

Playing the day to day game as Wendy and boss fighting as VoltGoatJelly Wolfgang to me just feels the same as using the one punch man mod and wrecking through everything with no cons, just because. 

It’s not a matter of competitive balance, it’s a matter of undoing a big part of the characters uniqueness game design IMO. Not adding a meaningful con to the celestial portal use was either bad design, or a big oversight.

15 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

To be fair even without the portal Wendy's perks are too useful and forgiving so I doubt the pick rate for would decrease alot even without the portal. The picks in pubs tend to be on personal preference. I focus on pubs because realistically even if kiel changed it anyone who cared to use it outside of console players would just mod it back or use console command. All changing it would do is harm console players really.

I agree.

turns out I was responding to a post that wasn't really on-topic

Archived