Eye of The Storm Beta Discussion

I AM BACK! And am ready to discuss what the heck just came with the new Eye of The Storm BETA, there will be spoilers on the BETA content, so for those who doesn't want spoilers for the BETA, leave now because things are gonna be spoilery.

I have in particular 3 points I want to talk about in the Eye of The Storm Beta Discussion thread (Riveting name choice I know) Here are the points I want to talk about:

1: What the heck happened in this update?!! Now I actually know a fair bit about the Eye of The Storm BETA, since summarizing it will take too long and I tend to ramble, go watch the youtube videos from James Bucket or Beard777, Beard777 going into more detail about it. I'd like to share my opinions about the features, I love the boss fight, it's cool, is the first lunar boss, it's a cool endgame boss with a cool reward. I like Wagstaff being added, as he was very lore relevant and I like seeing people's dreams dashed as now Wagstaff will definitely not be a playable character in DST (What can I say I'm evil). But there are some things I dislike about it too, I dislike how the moonstorm event is essentially the moonstone event but harder, and that you need to do it THREE TIMES to summon the new boss, I also have some gripes with the Enlightened crown, I wish putting mushroom spores in the crown actually did something mechanically besides change the light color, but it's not much endgame content, the Gestalts stop showing up at around 80% sanity (IDR the percentage but I think it was this), which I get but it also means taking on bosses with the enlightened crown makes a unnoticeable speed difference in taking them down fast, with multiple players I can see this being broken, but when you're a lonely sack of potaters like myself, doesn't really do much for you. I do love the infinite light mechanic though and being able to put them in glowshrooms, perhaps they'll be useful in places outside my town server now. Leave your thoughts about the BETA in the comments

2: Wagstaff, what's his deal? A major part of the BETA aside from the boss fight and the moonstorms is Wagstaff, he shows up as a 'Grainy Transmission', implying he's somewhere far away in the Constant or perhaps not even in the Constant, when he first shows up, he gives you 2 blueprints, which are for astroggles and the incomplete experiment, which you use to summon the Lunar Champion. The Astroggles themselves seem pretty useless right now as the desert goggles push back the moonstorm just as well, maybe this is because of it being in BETA, but if it stays it makes the Astroggles worthless. He then makes you follow him almost like following suspicious dirt piles, until he reaches where the moonstorm event starts. Then you do the Moonstorm event blah blah blah and you get the restrained static. And after defeating the Lunar Champion, Wagstaff appears with a lunar extractor or something like that, which has the spawn code of: 'altarchampion_contained' So I'm thinking Wagstaff is becoming some sort of villain, idk why or how, but I personally think he's gonna alter the Altar Champion (Get it?), and attack us with it in some sort of boss fight. IDK if that's going to happen, but it will be coo. What do you think about Wagstaff?Do you think he will appear again (Probably)? Do you think Klei will do with Wagstaff in future updates? Are you so optimistic you still think Wagstaff could be a playable character? Let me know in the comments.

3: What do you think's gonna happen in the future? What do you think Klei will do with the 2 upcoming content updates? Let me know that too in the comments.

This was mostly my LENGTHY way of getting your guys opinions on the update as a whole, Wagstaff and his future in DST, and just what in general you think is gonna happen in the next 2 content updates.

Sorry for the Rambling that definitely occurred. Dragolantis

Because the Enlightened Shards emit infinite light, Charlie is going to go ballistic and have her sweet revenge by going super saiyan dark mode on the entire Don't Starve World, blocking out the sun for all eternity, making the player play in complete darkness (Lights Out mode) until the player can finish a long questline mission to defeat Charlie and rescue the world of the Constant by turning back on all the lights.

Stay tuned for: "Don't Starve Together: Revenge of Charlie" coming next year, I'm calling it. :wilson_flower:

Dang, looks like Steeped Lunar Essence doesn't work on Crows and Redbirds yet. Might have to wait for Hallowed Nights 2021 before they make changes to the potions I suppose.

2 hours ago, Dragolantis said:

The Astroggles themselves seem pretty useless right now

They have one advantage over Desert Goggles in that they show an indicator to reveal Wagstaff's location if he's nearby like other players have. Cuts down a lot of time searching for him in the Moonstorm I find

16 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

I think there's gonna be some sort of nightmare and lunar war happening pretty soon. Wagstaff will probably been in the center of it because I don't think he's pleasing the moon entities by stealing their energy.

Didn't that already happen at the ancient archives?

16 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

Because the Enlightened Shards emit infinite light, Charlie is going to go ballistic and have her sweet revenge by going super saiyan dark mode on the entire Don't Starve World, blocking out the sun for all eternity, making the player play in complete darkness (Lights Out mode) until the player can finish a long questline mission to defeat Charlie and rescue the world of the Constant by turning back on all the lights.

Stay tuned for: "Don't Starve Together: Revenge of Charlie" coming next year, I'm calling it. :wilson_flower:

Well the moon moth critter emits light (It still emits light right?) but that didn't make Charlie go super saiyan, and the Enlightened crown and shards do not emit much light, the Enlightened crown emitting around as much as a torch (Or a lanturn IDR), and the shards emit the same amount of light as either willow's lighter, or a glow berry on the ground. There are surprisingly a few ways to get infinite light in Don't Starve Together. and even if she did go super saiyan and made it lights out mode it's wouldn't be a big deal at that point as everyone has a lot of light not to mention the infinite light. Perhaps if all lights stopped working except for lunar light would be interesting though, making you rely on the new enlightened crown.

15 hours ago, SirToastyToes said:

Dang, looks like Steeped Lunar Essence doesn't work on Crows and Redbirds yet. Might have to wait for Hallowed Nights 2021 before they make changes to the potions I suppose.

They have one advantage over Desert Goggles in that they show an indicator to reveal Wagstaff's location if he's nearby like other players have. Cuts down a lot of time searching for him in the Moonstorm I find

I forgot Steeped Lunar Essence was a thing, I'm surprised it doesn't work on redbirbs and crows, they definitely will fix this on Hallowed Nights 2021, and thank you for the info on the Astroggles! I didn't know that, sure it may save you time looking through it but which recipe would you rather do,  a potater and 2 moonglass, or a pigskin and a peice of gold that you'll need for summer anyway. Wait, do the Astroggles work in sandstorms?

Archived