On 4/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, MiniDeathStar said:

And what happens if the launcher receives a second signal while it's still processing the first? Do they get queued or interrupted? If they get queued, how does it work exactly?

The more I think about this suggestion, the worse it feels to me.

Are you talking abot my example or the Interplanetary Automation?

As Electroely said:

On 4/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, Electroely said:

Just being able to transfer signals from one planet to another is what the suggestion being proposed here is. 

I also don't think this is too much automation. It's just some players wanting to build more complicated mechanisms.. Until you get there you want to automate by sending signals from one planet to another, the game is pretty late game anyway. I don't see it as problem as "the game plays itself"..

Yeah, just make it an interplentary automation "bridge", a sender and a receiver that both need access to space. If you feed it a ribbon it transfers a ribbon signal, if you feed it a simple line, it transfers a single signal.

For now I didn't have yet felt the need for this myself.. but I don't see the issue allowing players to transfer signals from one planet to another. For them it certainly makes the game more fun while it doesn't hurt player in any way, that don't want to go that way. 

On 4/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, MiniDeathStar said:

And what happens if the launcher receives a second signal while it's still processing the first? Do they get queued or interrupted? If they get queued, how does it work exactly?

The more I think about this suggestion, the worse it feels to me.

The thing is, you are not thinking about my suggestion, you are thinking about the interplanetary launcher.

Archived