Butterfly reactor [Steel, cobalt, ceramic, plastic only] 100% uptime

Stop posting in the thread for this design. I made this thread to showcase and discuss this design. If you would like to do the same for your design just make another thread. It's that easy

unknown.png

It's very safe, but the sacrificial zone is large. Saps heat from the steam using indirect turbines before the steam is absorbed by the primary recirculating turbines.

100% uptime, spits out nuclear waste at about 230 C. Uses basic materials only. Most exotic material used is nuclear waste as coolant, which I'm not going to explain right now how to do but it is possible. Maybe 9.3 KW at steady state. 

I'll explain more later, here's an image dump and save:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dump.sav

40 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

I can present my version of an Research Reactor. 1 sensor (not including AT), the usual materials. I will finish it soon and translate it.
Reactor.thumb.jpg.30a258941cbff57f023a58be3d43138d.jpg

Sorry for writing in someone else's topic...

Hmm, I don't understand. Why do you need all this complicated setup to manage a research reactor?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:07 AM, n_t_p said:

unknown.png

It's very safe, but the sacrificial

zone is large. Saps heat from the steam using indirect turbines before the steam is absorbed by the primary recirculating turbines.

100% uptime, spits out nuclear waste at about 230 C. Uses basic materials only. Most exotic material used is nuclear waste as coolant, which I'm not going to explain right now how to do but it is possible. Maybe 9.3 MW at steady state. 

I'll explain more later, here's an image dump and save:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Dump.sav 1.05 MB · 1 download

Hmm. Can you send a blueprint of that? 

5 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Is that a question for me?  My circuit is simple, it combines power generation and radbolts. Of course I will describe the circuit in detail and enclose the blueprint.

Or did I misunderstand you.

Yes, but it's not about that. I was asking if you could use the blueprint mod and share the blueprint with us.

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

Specially for Comrade TuxSam123

257721122_2.thumb.jpg.dc18e8cf79580ba20e90cc80c981abf5.jpg

Is that compact enough? :)

Nice! But I've got a few questions.

Can I harness radbolts from this research reactor?

What do you do with nuclear waste?

How do store it for later usage? (also radbolt production)

How much power does it produce?

Is it 100% uptime? (given that i supply it with enriched uranium all the time)

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

Specially for Comrade TuxSam123

257721122_2.thumb.jpg.dc18e8cf79580ba20e90cc80c981abf5.jpg

Is that compact enough? :)

I think I'll make some alteration of my own...

Can I harness radbolts from this research reactor?

Yes, you can take them out of the circuit on the left side.

What do you do with nuclear waste?

I cool it down to about 205C and store it separately

How do store it for later usage? (also radbolt production)

They emit less than 3 rads. This is not dangerous.

How much power does it produce?

The previous circuit gives 6000W (and can be expanded). This one is slightly less. I will calculate exactly later.

Is it 100% uptime? (given that i supply it with enriched uranium all the time)

I've already tested it over 50 cycles and I'm not done yet. An uninterrupted supply of uranium is not required for the safety of the circuit. What is critical is the availability of water.

---

I'm preparing a big article on obtaining, storing, and using radiation. That's why I'm a little late. A little patience...

On 4/15/2021 at 4:34 AM, DimaB77 said:

I can present my version of an Research Reactor. 1 sensor (not including AT), the usual materials. I will finish it soon and translate it.

Can you maybe make your own thread? No offense, but this wasn't meant to be a "reactor discussion" area. I was just sharing my design.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:20 PM, Unfawkable said:

Beautifully symmetric. But I do believe you meant to write KW, not MW. Is that Net production, or without counting the power consumption?

Net. Power consumption is pretty minimal, the AT should recycle most of the power it consumes.

On 4/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, TuxSam123 said:

Hmm. Can you send a blueprint of that? 

Save file is in OP

On 4/15/2021 at 4:34 AM, DimaB77 said:

Can you please remove the picture or put it into a spoiler? For some reason your picture shows up in the thumbnail preview for my thread.

Archived