Sign in to follow this  
Resul

My giant crop problem

Recommended Posts

Resul    117

Iam using potato and carrot combo and watering them twice a day in autumun. But they dont grow giant which is all stress factors are neutralized. Somehow when I try same combo on another world in god mode they grow giant. I dont get it what do I do wrong

Heres an example red are poatos greens are carrot

farm.png.882613c36094545aca8e68e90012aaba.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fall211    4

Carrots and potatoes dont balance their nutrients so I'd assume you dont have enough nutrients in the ground to account for the imbalance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshS    4964

Nutrient imbalance. Carrots need 16 growth formula, but potatoes produce only 10. Same goes for potatoes that require 20 manure, but carrots produce only 8.

If I were to guess why you grown giant crops the first time was, you made a fresh farming tile which had enough base nutrients which usually has around ~20 nutrients each.

image.png.8eecea2458f385f55ba7c5376b4ac871.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resul    117
24 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Nutrient imbalance. Carrots need 16 growth formula, but potatoes produce only 10. Same goes for potatoes that require 20 manure, but carrots produce only 8.

If I were to guess why you grown giant crops the first time was, you made a fresh farming tile which had enough base nutrients which usually has around ~20 nutrients each.

image.png.8eecea2458f385f55ba7c5376b4ac871.png

Thank you very much! Can you please send me the link where you get the pic? Do you know any combo to make with potatoes for all 3 seaons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshS    4964
1 minute ago, Resul said:

Thank you very much! Can you please send me the link where you get the pic? Do you know any combo to make with potatoes for all 3 seaons?

The picture is from the wiki. https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Farm_Plant

You can also check out this guide for a more detailed farm guide. 

If you are lazy and just want all the possible combinations, I have my own little cheat sheet. 

Good luck with farming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resul    117
8 minutes ago, KeshS said:

The picture is from the wiki. https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Farm_Plant

You can also check out this guide for a more detailed farm guide. 

If you are lazy and just want all the possible combinations, I have my own little cheat sheet. 

Good luck with farming.

 

I cant thank you enough! As much as I understand I can get 3x3 giant potato with manure right?

Edited by Resul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshS    4964
7 minutes ago, Resul said:

I cant thank you enough! As much as I understand I can get 3x3 giant potato with manure right? if it is how much manure I should put there?

These don't require any fertilization at all, they auto balance nutrients net value of 0. Also really recommend using a mod called "snap till" really helps with crop alignment when doing 3x3 or any other grid. 

Edited by KeshS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resul    117
20 minutes ago, KeshS said:

These don't require any fertilization at all, they auto balance nutrients net value of 0. Also really recommend using a mod called "snap till" really helps with crop alignment when doing 3x3 or any other grid. 

i see but I dont want to want to have extra veggies that I dont have use for them. Wiki says potato requires 4 manure. is it requires for each stage or 4 value of manure is enough for get giant? I calculated if it is then I need to put 6 manure for 1 tile.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshS    4964
3 minutes ago, Resul said:

Wiki says potato requires 4 manure. is it requires for each stage or 4 value of manure is enough for get giant? I calculated if it is then I need to put 6 manure for 1 tile.

Oh, I misunderstood. It is 4 points of manure each stage, so by the end of a cycle a single potato would require manure of 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resul    117
Just now, KeshS said:

Oh, I misunderstood. It is 4 points of manure each stage, so by the end of a cycle a single potato would require manure of 16.

Okay last question I dont wanna steal so much time. What is the limit of the ground? I mean how much I can put once? can I put 138 point manure at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshS    4964
Just now, Resul said:

Okay last question I dont wanna steal so much time. What is the limit of the ground? I mean how much I can put once? can I put 138 point manure at once?

100 is max for each nutrient. 

It's ok, this topic isn't easy to grasp at first look.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    8065
2 hours ago, Resul said:

Thank you very much! Can you please send me the link where you get the pic? Do you know any combo to make with potatoes for all 3 seaons?

Remember that the gardening hat gives you that information if you dont want to alt+tab all the time

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this