Maybe a different filter for the printing pod?

So, to explain, I think there should be a different filter for when things are allowed to be printed. It seems that objects won't be picked to be printed until they are owned at least once by the colony, which I think is a good thing. Its just that in my last two colonies while I was setting up to transport in the first case, drecko eggs back to my starting planetoid, then in the second case thimble reed seeds the printing pod then offered to print the item before I had finished shipping them back using a rocket. I enjoy the extra challenge of having to transport one of these items back to the starting (swamp) asteroid in order to make atmo suits. Anyway- in conclusion I think that the filter for what gets printed by the printing pod should be based only on items that are in the starting asteroid or have already been transported there. At least for things that you are incentivized to bring back to your starting planetoid- such as reed fiber producers.

2 hours ago, Juicebachs said:

It seems that objects won't be picked to be printed until they are owned at least once by the colony, which I think is a good thing.

For real? Didn't even know this was a thing honestly, I might turn the printer printing supplies option back on now some day. Anyway, yes to your idea, but if you want the extra challenge, you can also turn off the printer giving anything but dupes.

Rover unlocking mats for the printing pod is a bit OP. That should be changed to be limited to dupes for sure. But I don't think it's a big deal to be able to print stuff you've found on other planetoids. The mini-pod can be built anywhere, and works via plot magic so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The printer care package selection is a leftover from the vanilla game. It needs to be looked at as it sometimes ruins the fun by giving stuff you`d otherwise need land on a different planetoid to get. I think some of the stuff should have to be scanned by the printing pod (or mini pod) before it can be printed. This would fix rovers unlocking things.

Yea, just to clarify- 

I think the pod should be able to print things that are from other planetoids- just maybe not until they have been transported back to your starting planetoid. After that I think they should be able to be printed.

Archived