Is there a way to extend player's vision before prefabs are hidden

my prefab has a very very BIG texture which aligns on the ground sort of like a huge rug and when the player's very zoomed in at certain angles if you just move away even though you should be able to see the rug still it just vanishes until you get closer to the middle of the prefab it which I assume is because things outside of the player's camera view get hidden?

Is there a way to prevent this for certain entities? Maybe by keeping it awake or whatever at all times?

It would be great if someone can tell me if it's possible to fix that because it's causing horrible visual glitches for my mod :/

Edited by --- -.-

31 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

my prefab has a very very BIG texture which aligns on the ground sort of like a huge rug and when the player's very zoomed in at certain angles if you just move away even though you should be able to see the rug still it just vanishes until you get closer to the middle of the prefab it which I assume is because things outside of the player's camera view get hidden?

Is there a way to prevent this for certain entities? Maybe by keeping it awake or whatever at all times?

It would be great if someone can tell me if it's possible to fix that because it's causing horrible visual glitches for my mod :/

You could make it so it doesnt unload.

inst.entity:SetCanSleep(false)

this could be dangerous though since this means the entity will NEVER unload no matter what. Maybe you can like do a periodic task to search in a large radius and if no players are near then you can set it to sleep.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, it seems even with making entity not sleep it still vanishes if its prefab isn't "visible" in the player's FOV :(

gif.gif.5e45cdf52c68be231c20744f83046222.gif

Thanks for helping though :D!

Edited by --- -.-
  • Sad Dupe 1