Klei should make some sort of toxic asteroid. One filled with slimelung, zombie spores, food poisoning, you name it. It would make the player really have to be careful when dealing with them. Right now, diseases are really weak. I think Klei should auso buff them. Nothing big, like making duplicants vomit when they have food poisoning, or increase the amount of germs generated by sneezing with simelung.

Personally, I would like an asteroid with a radioactive start. Zombie spores are a bit too intense for the early game, but actively having to plan around pockets of high radiation seems like it could be a fun mechanic for one of the challenge world types.

Unfortunately atmo suits prevent the need to deal with any disease outside of food poisoning when placed inside your rocket. Food poisoning is easily avoidable or curable too. Of course it might be different on higher difficulties, but zombie spores are surprisingly harmless. I had some from some infected natural gas in my gas range and it just collected in a co2 pit and did nothing. 

4 hours ago, forkrul assail said:

Unfortunately atmo suits prevent the need to deal with any disease outside of food poisoning when placed inside your rocket. Food poisoning is easily avoidable or curable too. Of course it might be different on higher difficulties, but zombie spores are surprisingly harmless. I had some from some infected natural gas in my gas range and it just collected in a co2 pit and did nothing. 

We now have oxygen masks, which are asy to make and protect the dupes from biohazards. I think it's doable

6 hours ago, Red Oolong said:

Personally, I would like an asteroid with a radioactive start. Zombie spores are a bit too intense for the early game, but actively having to plan around pockets of high radiation seems like it could be a fun mechanic for one of the challenge world types.

Well, we do have oxygen masks.

germs need to be like in the early access days.but.... 

14 hours ago, forkrul assail said:

Unfortunately you built some suits and placed them to the exit and then when you go to the slime biome unfortunately the suits are protecting your dupe ?? well why not dig in there naked cycle 3 on red alert with every dupe running everywhere and getting sick ??

14 hours ago, Swoop5994 said:

Unfortunately you built some suits and placed them to the exit and then when you go to the slime biome unfortunately the suits are protecting your dupe ?? well why not dig in there naked cycle 3 on red alert with every dupe running everywhere and getting sick ??

What I’m saying is it’s unfortunate you can completely ignore a game mechanic. 

2 hours ago, forkrul assail said:

What I’m saying is it’s unfortunate you can completely ignore a game mechanic. 

It`s realistic that suits protect against airborne germs. What we need is germs infecting through skin so that germed debris would need decontamination after brought in with suits and putting on a germed suit would cause an infection risk.

We could also use germs spreading via critters so that ranching or being attacked could spread the disease. Dupes could spread it further similar to slimelung or just passively get covered in the germs when sick (it would make sense to quarantine such a dupe).

Archived