Combat mechanic rework (QoL) (idea)

Last night I was playing with a friend we was in ruins and I was near to a wall. Shadow creatures started to cmong due my firends sanity. So I pressed ctrl f and my character atacked to a wall. If I just press f it doesnt attack anything

Second incident is about fighting with mobs. I am hitting the treeguard, dodging him and pressing f, then my character doesnt attack anything if I press ctrl f, then my character attacks. If I have pig friends while I fight, I can accidently hit the pig and get punched out of my life.

My offer is : Character must remember last target he/she hit, when pressing "F" they must attack it.

Ctrl + F should priortize mobs over sturctures

Walls constantly being targeted in ps4 is extremely painful. You should only be able to attack walls by locking on to them with R3.

This issue causes tons of problems in multiple farms I have but mainly my werepig farm. I have houndius setup as part of it so if I attack a wall the houndius will also prioritise attacking it over werepigs which is very frustrating.

EDIT: Just wanted to also add I don't even remember the last time I needed to actually attack a wall..... if walls have to go I hammer them down to get the stone back

7 hours ago, Resul said:

Last night I was playing with a friend we was in ruins and I was near to a wall. Shadow creatures started to cmong due my firends sanity. So I pressed ctrl f and my character atacked to a wall. If I just press f it doesnt attack anything

Second incident is about fighting with mobs. I am hitting the treeguard, dodging him and pressing f, then my character doesnt attack anything if I press ctrl f, then my character attacks. If I have pig friends while I fight, I can accidently hit the pig and get punched out of my life.

My offer is : Character must remember last target he/she hit, when pressing "F" they must attack it.

Ctrl + F should priortize mobs over sturctures

this is bad because if you are kiting killer bees lets say, and you press f, you will run through all of the bees to hit the one that is retreating 

Ctrl F is force attack, meaning you'll attack whatever the closest thing is (except for Abigail), and anything that has agro on you can be attacked with F, if F stopped attacking the tree guard for you, you should have just clicked him to hit him and then tried using F again

the reason why F isnt attacking is because first off nightmare creatures are nightmare creatures, you have to specifically click them because they arent yours. imo you shouldnt be able to do that but its a "friendly gameplay feature". F does attack tree guards, your game must have bugged or something, 

This is less of a game problem and more of a "I dont know how the controls work quite yet" problem (also this would be a tweak not a rework but whatever)

the real problem here is pressing F auto attacks spiders when you are playing as webber (which is why I made this)

On 4/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, TemporarySolutn said:

this is bad because if you are kiting killer bees lets say, and you press f, you will run through all of the bees to hit the one that is retreating 

Ctrl F is force attack, meaning you'll attack whatever the closest thing is (except for Abigail), and anything that has agro on you can be attacked with F, if F stopped attacking the tree guard for you, you should have just clicked him to hit him and then tried using F again

the reason why F isnt attacking is because first off nightmare creatures are nightmare creatures, you have to specifically click them because they arent yours. imo you shouldnt be able to do that but its a "friendly gameplay feature". F does attack tree guards, your game must have bugged or something, 

This is less of a game problem and more of a "I dont know how the controls work quite yet" problem (also this would be a tweak not a rework but whatever)

the real problem here is pressing F auto attacks spiders when you are playing as webber (which is why I made this)

Yes you right about bees. But we already can attack nightmares with ctrl f it would better if this command priortizes mobs instead of building. Yes maybe I dont know how to use the control but "maybe", maybe I do and that tweak is good idea beacuse other players suffers from samething too

Archived