Animated series part 2: electric boogaloo

A while ago there was a thread discussing a potential animated series: 

It ultimately ended on a stalemate of "We should not force Klei to spend more time on this than the rest of their projects". Since then they have made the decision to no longer be an indie company in order to not worry about finances as much and to maintain the quality of life of their employees. Hopefully this means that they will be able to work on projects much more freely and efficiently. 

It's not clear what a potential series would look like, but Klei has said that they have a couple of ideas up their sleeve. I completely trust that they will be able to create something fantastic and worthwhile no matter what they decide on. If Klei are up to the request and most importantly: if working on an animated series is still in interest to them, there is nothing stopping us from reaching out to a big streaming company and potentially achieving the beginning of a DS animated series.

as far as i would like an animated series, I do not know if it'll translate well from game to show. It might actually turn out crappy. What is the artstyle? How would the characters talk? Would they talk in instruments or with voices. Also keep that in mind if Klei would ever make a animated series, less time would be inserted on the games itself, we might get fewer updates etc. At the end of the day, It is Klei's decision if they'll make one or not

14 hours ago, Fridgetty said:

as far as i would like an animated series, I do not know if it'll translate well from game to show. It might actually turn out crappy. What is the artstyle? How would the characters talk? Would they talk in instruments or with voices. Also keep that in mind if Klei would ever make a animated series, less time would be inserted on the games itself, we might get fewer updates etc. At the end of the day, It is Klei's decision if they'll make one or not

Latest Klei animation really shows how animated series could looks like: characters actually can talk, background is some grim forest and hills and a bit of music would spice it up. Main plus for making animated series: its extremely good advertisement for game itself and Klei at all. Most Klei animations at Youtube have more than 500k views, Netflix could even boost this numbers higher. But yeah, only Klei can take decisions this big, we can only speculate and try to inform Netflix (i believe they said that in comments of one of their videos) that there is interest to such series

Archived