My performance update request <3

Hey everyone and Klei devs

I have low end pc and lot of my friends too. When I add caves even if I didnt get there yet we have performance issues.

I have an idea for caves

I suggest an option to prevent caves and surface work at the same time. If someone needs to get in the cave everyone should go at the same time.

When we comeback to surface it calculates the time we spent at caves and compare to that time the loading screen will apply the surface while we load the surface (Sorry for lack of grammar)

I know it has disadvantages but it could help to increase the performance

Thanks

10 hours ago, Resul said:

I suggest an option to prevent caves and surface work at the same time.

If I'm not mistaken, this is already sort of a thing. If caves or forest don't have anyone in them, they sort of pause until they get a player.

10 hours ago, Resul said:

If someone needs to get in the cave everyone should go at the same time.

That's something you should organize with the people playing with you, not something that everyone should be forced to comply with. Additionally, it just serves to move the problem around rather than solving it.

8 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

Ah, okay. I wonder what the "Sim paused" thing does then..

if they paused I don't think time would continue, I'm not sure if tree's will grow or not though

found this in the code

--V2C: DST sim pauses via network checks, and will notify LUA here

it looks like anytime somethings are unloaded (offscreen) that it stops calculating things like age or whatever and updates depending on the amount of time that has passed since it was unloaded when it gets reloaded

thats not 100% fact thats just what I gathered though my 30 seconds of snooping, I might not even be right about it not pausing, I just don't think it would make much sense with it literally being the "Master" server

13 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

If I'm not mistaken, this is already sort of a thing. If caves or forest don't have anyone in them, they sort of pause until they get a player.

That's something you should organize with the people playing with you, not something that everyone should be forced to comply with. Additionally, it just serves to move the problem around rather than solving it.

Thats ühy it should be an option not as default setting of the game. Speaking of which if I play with friends that have same issue with me that wouldnt be such big problem for us

Archived