Universal aggro pulling effect (Toma roots throw)

I have seen a couple of people want way to take aggro away from friends. The idea is simple: Allow toma roots to be thrown at mobs to take on aggro. They would do 0 damage, of course. 

Toma roots fit the trope and grow 3/4 seasons.

Edit: Bosses would gain immunity to it quickly if spamed as to not exploit the ai.

Make them able to be thrown at other players in PVP and quotes for being hit.

Examples:

Wendy: Blood! Oh, it's just a tomato.

Wickerbottom: What have I told you about wasting food?

Spoiler

Wigfrid would break character and say something that reminded her of her failing performances

16 hours ago, Notecja said:

Ice staff already allows that (Fire Staff too if you dont care for resources around) and two Wigfrid songs.

This is a lot cheaper and not everyone wants to be Wig. Since it has no other effect other than pulling aggro it may be a good idea to give it a aoe. That would help it pull ahead from an ice staff which can only pull one mob at a time.

6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

This is a lot cheaper and not everyone wants to be Wig. Since it has no other effect other than pulling aggro it may be a good idea to give it a aoe. That would help it pull ahead from an ice staff which can only pull one mob at a time.

Umm...? To make one of most useful Wigfrid songs useless? I think the point of her skill is to use her character, not to ask "give everybody same thing and cheaper". At first sight may don't look like this, but it a bit like asking "everybody needs aoe, give everybody Abigail". Anyway there also are waterballoons which probably works as Klei would implement tomato throw. Mosquito sack + pond or 2 sacks snd some ice. Falls slowly and have (small) area of effect.

Btw. Wes balloons can mess up with aggro too. Abigail can work like this too (just stuff in her honey potion and aggro her, then she turns into white mad torpedo). Bramble armour mess a lot with aggro in very close distance. Purple staff allows to get rid of unwanted mobs in base (guess is most expensive... But allow to get rid of bearger forever). For hounds which are most frequent problem is possible to use lucky dog whistle. There is a lot of items that allows to do something, maybe is time to start use them?

55 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Umm...? To make one of most useful Wigfrid songs useless?

Then it wont be aoe.

I think the point of her skill is to use her character, not to ask "give everybody same thing and cheaper".

I have seen a lot of people ask for wes to have an aggro effect and similar effects for other characters. There is no reason to not make such an essential ability as pulling aggro more readily available to everyone. In all multiplayer games such an effect is essential.

At first sight may don't look like this, but it a bit like asking "everybody needs aoe, give everybody Abigail".

This is in no way related to what I am asking. Rather extreme exaggeration...

Anyway there also are waterballoons which probably works as Klei would implement tomato throw. Mosquito sack + pond or 2 sacks snd some ice. Falls slowly and have (small) area of effect.

Do water balloons pull aggro? I don't think so.... 

Btw. Wes balloons can mess up with aggro too.

Unreliable. 

Abigail can work like this too (just stuff in her honey potion and aggro her, then she turns into white mad torpedo).

Abigail is great for pulling aggro but that is due to her "homing" capabilities. 

Bramble armour mess a lot with aggro in very close distance.

Unreliable and hard to bull off. Better to pull enemies into bramble traps with a few toma roots. Plus Wormwood is a great farmer.

Purple staff allows to get rid of unwanted mobs in base (guess is most expensive... But allow to get rid of bearger forever).

Not sure why you included this. We are not talking about teleporting items.

For hounds which are most frequent problem is possible to use lucky dog whistle.

Has a limit to controllable hounds and not nearly as easy to obtain large amounts of (in comparison to farming).

There is a lot of items that allows to do something, maybe is time to start use them?

Redundancy is not uncommon in this game. Why is bull stalk a contender for a whip weapon, when cat'o'nine tail exists? Why is snurtle slime a substitute for explosives? Because although they are similar they have variations of sustainability and power. None of the methods you mentioned, save for abigail, have nearly as much sustainability. Great amounts of tama roots can be obtained 3/4 seasons of the year, we're talking hundreds of them a year.

Archived