Linux Dedicated Server - Mods not Downloading Consistently / Not Working In-Game

After the latest March QoL update, my dedicated server can no longer download or run mods.

• I am running a hosted Linux dedicated server
  • I have configured
    /mods/dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua
    to use
    ServerModSetup("WORKSHOP-ID")

image.png.b7c203c34bfaa601fbb421b4f77a2823.png
  • As previously required, I have enabled these mods in
    /mods/modsettings.lua
    using
    ForceEnableMod("workshop-WORKSHOP-ID")

image.png.c5493ff3b195ce70abd3e8d89a494e46.png
  • According to a post we read, mods should download to a new location
    /data/steamapps/workshop/content/322330
  • However, only one of the mods downloaded there
    image.thumb.png.4c1ed489cbd3b9ebe8301228a30b0759.png

With the latest update, how do we get mods working on Linux dedicated servers again? Please help! As of the most recent hotfix, the server is finally able to load up just fine, but it is not able to consistently download all mods to the destination folder and the 1 mod that was successfully downloaded to this directory did not actually work in-game.

Attached is the server log from 

/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer/Master

I'm not sure that we're enabling the mod appropriately either as mod folders of the form "workshop-XXXXXX" are no longer downloaded to the modsettings.lua script's location.

I am also confused about the whole mod-downloading process now, too. My nodecraft server works fine at the moment, but now my windows server is having an issue similar to this one. The mods that downloaded into the 322330 folder on my windows machine do not load into the game and I get that "Assertion Failed" error message in the log. All of my other mods that did NOT download to that file location in the 322330 folder work just fine. I don't know what the deal is. 

You just need to add new command line in your script to start the server for that's works because now we have mod on V1 and V2:

-ugc_directory ../mods

and don't use modsettings.lua but only dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua for download mod and modoverrides.lua for activate and settings your mods

If it can help you I have attached an example of the two files which works very well on my personal dedicated server

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua modoverrides.lua

16 hours ago, ToNiO55 said:

You just need to add new command line in your script to start the server for that's works because now we have mod on V1 and V2:

-ugc_directory ../mods

and don't use modsettings.lua but only dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua for download mod and modoverrides.lua for activate and settings your mods

If it can help you I have attached an example of the two files which works very well on my personal dedicated server

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua 1.07 kB · 0 downloads modoverrides.lua 4.93 kB · 1 download

I have my files set up exactly as you have them here, and I am still having my issue. It has something to do with Windows 10 throwing a fit with mods that were converted to v2.

13 hours ago, Doc Arc said:

I have my files set up exactly as you have them here, and I am still having my issue. It has something to do with Windows 10 throwing a fit with mods that were converted to v2.

and you have also add the command line? -ugc_directory ../mods

I also have the 322330 folder which is in the mods folder but it is no problem for the server to load the mod

im sorry if that's not works for you

it's that's can help you if i test your files dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua and modoverrides.lua on my server?

if you want i test it, can you share the files?

Archived