Mods are not properly downloading for dedicated servers

thegreatmanagement
  • Fixed

I have a fully set up (and lengthy) dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua for a bunch of servers, and when I cleared my mod library and tried to redownload my mods, many, many of them did not show up; it appears that only mods before workshop-1324800295 will download, and any other newer mods will not download properly. Screenshots from my server's mod folder + the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua are included. 

Steps to Reproduce

image.thumb.png.9dcc03ebe849fa7da2e7229554b9eafc.png

dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I had a script wiping all the workshop-* folders before starting server, as it wouldn't download new versions otherwise.

Now only 2 mods (gemcore, insight) download/load. There are no obvious errors. Here are SS of the folders and dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua, and the log is attached.

Untitled.png

server_log.txt

EDIT: So, this works fine in a win10 host instead of xp. also, I caught an error that didn't show up in logs (on xp) in another SS

Untitled.png

Edited by Grntrenchman

Share this comment

I've the same problem like you , i hope klei can fix it quickly.

Edited by 1qw223

Share this comment

The mod folder, even for dedicated servers, has changed

Before the update the directory was:
mods/workshop-WORKSHOPID

Now it is:
data/steamapps/workshop/content/322330/WORKSHOPID

Verify if the downloaded files are in this folder

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Gleenus said:

The mod folder, even for dedicated servers, has changed

Before the update the directory was:
mods/workshop-WORKSHOPID

Now it is:
data/steamapps/workshop/content/322330/WORKSHOPID

Verify if the downloaded files are in this folder

I knew it , but we use Don't Starve Together dedicated Server to download mods, we can't find directory in dedicated Server and it's Steam Game id is 343050.

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, 1qw223 said:

I knew it , but we use Don't Starve Together dedicated Server to download mods, we can't find directory in dedicated Server and it's Steam Game id is 343050.

for dedicated servers, you will find a folder called steamapps in the data directory, inside that folder(a couple folders down) will be all the mods on the v2 format.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 3/14/2021 at 10:24 AM, zarklord_klei said:

for dedicated servers, you will find a folder called steamapps in the data directory, inside that folder(a couple folders down) will be all the mods on the v2 format.

My v2 mods all download correctly to that folder, but they still fail to load with an "Assertion Failed" message in the log. I made a thread post about the issue, but it just doesn't make sense. On my linux-based server, everything works fine, but my windows-based server can't load v2 mods for some reason. It happened after the most recent DST update. The files download to the correct folders, but they just won't load. I don't know what the issue is. Do I need another "dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua" file in another location or something?

Share this comment

This fix is for a truncation of mod lists over 50 mods. I have added logging information to help diagnose other errors that I am reading in this thread.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment