I love how the Radiation system is being fleshed out, but for now it seems that the only use for Uranium is for the Radbolt generator which is a mid to late game build. I'd like to see more uses for Uranium other than this, preferably ones that you could use earlier.

A Uranium powered rocket instantly comes to mind and I feel like this is one they would implement soon anyway, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a miniature power generator that grants small power output without going through the Steam Turbine setup. Huge heat building output and overheating as a downside, which is more difficult to manage early on.

A Nuclear battery with huge power capacity, and/or smaller (or zero) loss than Smart battery also comes to mind (downside would obviously be radiation, and maybe being huge).

A building using Uranium for radiation to completely annihilate germs from anything like a super Ore Scrubber but for liquids and gasses as well is also what could be done with it, but this can also be made manually (if radiation kills germs now?).

And this one's a long shot, but a building like Neural vacillator that uses Uranium/Radiation to give dupes Superpowers in forms of trait would be out of this world cool. Downside, for every positive Superpower trait, you gain a negative one as well, randomized from the pool (I might expand on this idea in another post, since I doubt something like this would be a thing it would be a great mod idea).

An RTG generator that creates small amounts of power from a radiation source would be nice. Especially if it`s small enough to fit inside a rocket. It would require some intial fuel but work for something like 50 cyles before needing to refuel. That would be great for space travel as an auxillary power source or for small bases that need little power and and little attention.

We could also get an alchemy engine allowing us to transmute minerals into others which would be powered by uranium.

17 hours ago, babba said:

Uranium powered laser :confused:

I mean, for protection against asteroids to not need bulky doors, I don't see why not

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

An RTG generator that creates small amounts of power from a radiation source would be nice. Especially if it`s small enough to fit inside a rocket. It would require some intial fuel but work for something like 50 cyles before needing to refuel. That would be great for space travel as an auxillary power source or for small bases that need little power and and little attention.

We could also get an alchemy engine allowing us to transmute minerals into others which would be powered by uranium.

This one I like a lot, it's really clunky to fit power generation into the rocket right now.

Archived