Space travelling is a exciting feature to the game. The idea of colonizing different planet is extremely fun and can be challenging because of the different environments. From the preparation (rocket building, material loading) to actually building a new base, this idea is amazing.

However, when there's no reason, no ressource that needs to be exploited on a planet, then it is a bummer. My first time arriving on the tundra, I was already thinking about how to create the base. However, when I was trying to find a reason to settle into this area, I couldn't find a reason. When arriving to the moo planet, it was my first time seeing those cool critters. The area is almost perfect. The environment has all the ressources necessary to farm gassy moo. However the only purpose of ranching them would be to get meat and nat gas which are only useful for the base itself but not for the colony as a whole.

I think adding features that are linked to different advancements for the colonies to asteroid gives the game a good sense of purpose. One example of it that you have done is the reed fiber being only available on the third planet.

Keep up the great work

It`s still possible that they add a rare resource on that planet. It`s all a work in progress. Anyway it might be a good source of wheezeworts as you don`t get many of those in a swamp start (just a few in the broken satelite). Tungsten is also really valuable if you can get that from there. If not you can always mine some ice. Water is always useful and it seems my bases keep using it up.

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s still possible that they add a rare resource on that planet. It`s all a work in progress. Anyway it might be a good source of wheezeworts as you don`t get many of those in a swamp start (just a few in the broken satelite). Tungsten is also really valuable if you can get that from there. If not you can always mine some ice. Water is always useful and it seems my bases keep using it up.

Yes, haha I actually collected all those ressources and left. Imo, I think abandonning the planet after getting stealing all the ressources seemed like such a shame. It would've been cool if for example there was volcanos with useful rare material on that planet (there's some iron volcanoes I guess). I can understand though that it is a work in progress. I am giving suggestions. This nuclear update seems like it's bringing that aspect to one of the asteroid which is exciting.

Archived