Followers and species based advantages

So I was thinking seeing as we have a another wave of qol apoun us I wanted touch upon followers more specifically webber and wurt I feel like alot less people use followers overall aside from cheese due to the way they are handled using a follower requires you to try to keep track of a invisible timer called loyalty while default mobs like pigs will give you cues that their loyalty is going down and are even named so as to easier keep track of them merms and spiders do not. This means a Wurt or Webber have to set their own timers to guess when to feed their followers again before they bail. Not sure if anyone would be on board with this but for this qol update I was kind of hoping follower merms and spiders would get names and kiel would give Wurt and Webber the ability to see loyalty timers of merm and spider followers being as they are of the same race.

Actually the idea to make this thread was spurred by a mod my friend showed me called sharing targets with followers which let's you command a follower to attack a creature without attacking it/fake attacking it which while it's not particularly needed does wonders for immersion and should be a base feature considering the purpose of followers.

The last thing I'd purpose is allowing webber and wurt to call mobs of the same race out of their homes.

Would be cool, if that just means that Merms, Spiders and all the other folks (like Lobsters) had special animations based on friendship time left.

For the rest of ideas I'd say, worth giving a try if that do be useful. There's plenty things that could be changed with followers, if some sort of experimental rework for followers could see the day.
I would like some improvements with behaviours personally, like when pigs and such stop working because of a tiny distance between you and them (should be a bigger one while they work, that's what I talking about), removing the unnecessary run-away from the owner for some of the followers cause it just makes interactions difficult, and plenty other things. One thing that really bugs me is how heavy collisions are with some of the followers, could be cool if Chester had the same physic than critters for example, I've been blocked on important times just because of this guy.

Could make an list of dozens of ideas but that's only the one most of players would like, there's also some nerfs I'd appreciate like same-mob wars being absurdly powerful for cheap but it's liked by lots of player, so just my controversial opinion here.

YESSSS. An official follower timer would be incredibly useful, not just for Wurt and Webber, but everyone. I especially love your idea for calling mobs out, certainly would help not having to bait a teammate/chester/ etc. to befriend spiders during the day. 

I also have the sharing targets mod, it made me enjoy Wurt 3x more than I already have. :biggrin-new:

My only remaining gripe involves spiders/merms not defending you as a member of their species when you are attacked, buuuuut I can see the balancing reason behind that. Still looks funny to see Wurt get attacked by hounds while Merms just lounge about. 

image.thumb.png.5b012494ecb40b4e57789cd590ba5b65.png

29 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The last thing I'd purpose is allowing webber and wurt to call mobs of the same race out of their homes.

I would like Wurt to have an option to "knock" on the house to get a Merm out, and maybe for Webber a few Spiders are called out of the Den when a piece of meat is on their territory.

9 minutes ago, 321bwa said:

I would like Wurt to have an option to "knock" on the house to get a Merm out, and maybe for Webber a few Spiders are called out of the Den when a piece of meat is on their territory.

No lie when I was typing that out i was thinking about that but decided not because I figured it'd make people question why Wurt can't just go inside one of the houses lol

Archived