Can't produce medical packs

I started a colony and I noticed that I wasn't able to put in production orders at the Apothecary for Medical Packs. I did have access to balm lily flours and phosphorite. Is anyone else noticing this? I'm using the playtest branch to check out some of the Atomic stuff. 

1 hour ago, NewWorldDan said:

Fortunately, the slimelung outbreak was contained by the time they disappeared.

Well, I'd say it's a pitty... :(

It happens to every slimelung I encounter - it is gone before I notice and have medicine for it...

I would really love to notice and awe the slimelung... Now they only eat my compution time without relly affecting my games

34 minutes ago, pether said:

It happens to every slimelung I encounter - it is gone before I notice and have medicine for it...

I would really love to notice and awe the slimelung... Now they only eat my compution time without relly affecting my games

Yeah... I've made my own world gen.  On the starting asteroid, you're going be dealing with slimelung right out of the gate.  It's a really nasty starting asteroid.  I've got some more polishing to do with it, but it'll be on steam workshop in a week or two.

12 hours ago, pether said:

I would like to recommend the 'diseases restored' mod on steam. I don't know if it's DLC compatible yet, but it's a great way to make diseases be more meaningful again, like they used to.

9 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

I would like to recommend the 'diseases restored' mod on steam. I don't know if it's DLC compatible yet, but it's a great way to make diseases be more meaningful again, like they used to.

Thanks! I am aware of this mod, but it is one of those that never should exist as they should be part of main game. I hope that if we post our feedback frequently enough, KLEI will add menu option to increase germ severity :)

13 minutes ago, Psytech said:

So can we confirm that this is an issue with the build or is there a fix if we uninstall and reinstall?

You can play in the 3-week-update no-testing-branch-selected build (but not the save files you opened while in the testing branch "be aware that once a save is loaded in the Testing branch, it cannot be reopened again in the previous Live branch or previous builds.") until they finish updating the testing branch. When you in the testing branch  "it's pretty likely you'll encounter bugs, crashes or balance issues while playing these builds."

3 minutes ago, EversorDvL said:

I like how noone replied to the question and instead had their say about the fact that bugs are to be expected...

It was possible to produce medical packs a couple updates ago but not anymore... (maybe it is still possible but not in the testing branch) Also, there is no cure for zombie spores and disease clinic is non-operational, but everything changes in EA so maybe in a couple updates there will be...? So I don't think it is a bug (..yet)

10 minutes ago, Gorebell said:

Poked around the game files and it looks like the slimelung and zombie spore cures are currently assigned to the upcoming nuclear-powered Advanced Apothecary even though it's not in the game yet.

That's fine for the zombie spore cure (if you unleash them, that's your own fault - in 1500 hours, I've never had a dupe contract zombie spores) and radiation sickness.  Slimelung can be encountered early on and is most problematic early on when dupes have poor athletics and the slime and polluted water hasn't been contained.  It can be worth the effort to make medical packs to cure sick dupes.

Archived