Chester's additional upgrades

I like chester's transformation and I would be glad to see some more. I thought about some conceptions which could be useful.

So we have nightmare fuel and ice box chester but what do you think about these:

firebox chester: put 9 red gem into chester and at full moon it would be transform to firechester
- It doesn't give heat aura but could keep thermal stone warm.
- It would be fire proof and immune to fire damage
- It would dry wet stuff

fluffy chester: put 9 wool into chester and full moon it becomes fluffy
- no storage capacity 
- cannot move
- you can go into chester for insulation or sleep. If chester attacked both of you take damage and sleep instantly breaks over
- you can transform chester back by eyebone

Firebox Chester idea is great.

I see major problems with the Fluffy Chester tho: Since it's too cheap to upgrade, and people use Chester for different things, once could leave it useless for others by upgrading it to stationary, No storage capacity is OP and entering in Chester is just weird, like seriously.

8 hours ago, Chesmu said:

Firebox Chester idea is great.

I see major problems with the Fluffy Chester tho: Since it's too cheap to upgrade, and people use Chester for different things, once could leave it useless for others by upgrading it to stationary, No storage capacity is OP and entering in Chester is just weird, like seriously.

I thought the second suggestion a bit weird too when I wrote it. I understand the problem, but I don't think cheapness is an issue, then transform should be more expensive. Ingredients can be easily changed, use beard (btw. beardhair has only 2 recipes and 1 is character specific), 20 wool in each space, torch, thermal stone anything. Maybe some misunderstanding about "no storage capacity". I mean that way, chester cannot store any stuff furthermore. 

About entering chester is weird: I saw some artwork when Wolfgang put stuff in chester and thinks it kinda gross. Yes it is but useful, isn't it? We store stuff in a mob. :D

Back to the topic, First I wanted kinda lunar chester, but I did not have any useful idea. I thought about teleportable chester, double stack place but fewer slots (its an opposite of nightmare chester's more slot), but in the end I did not like these ideas.   

14 minutes ago, Bedohaza said:

I thought the second suggestion a bit weird too when I wrote it. I understand the problem, but I don't think cheapness is an issue, then transform should be more expensive. Ingredients can be easily changed, use beard (btw. beardhair has only 2 recipes and 1 is character specific), 20 wool in each space, torch, thermal stone anything. Maybe some misunderstanding about "no storage capacity". I mean that way, chester cannot store any stuff furthermore. 

About entering chester is weird: I saw some artwork when Wolfgang put stuff in chester and thinks it kinda gross. Yes it is but useful, isn't it? We store stuff in a mob. :D

Back to the topic, First I wanted kinda lunar chester, but I did not have any useful idea. I thought about teleportable chester, double stack place but fewer slots (its an opposite of nightmare chester's more slot), but in the end I did not like these ideas.   

Oh okay then the "No storage cap" isn't  OP in that case, the 20 Wool in each space is actually very expensive so that prevents the abuse of public property, but do you think a troll would pick the Eyebone and just revert Chester back for laughs?

What remains is the entering Chester part, which is the major benefit of the transformation lol, I know a game which lets you put a car in your pocket that also has a factory inside it, that's kinda cool, it redefines the dimensions of DST tho.

Lunar Chester sounds like a well-fit idea now that game is focusing on Lunar Island and stories, I'm sure something good can be made as perks for it!

I sure like to see Firebox Chester in-game tho.

Archived