What is with the delay after being dislocated by building/digging?

I have an issue where one (or more dupes) starts doing actions where they are currently standing.  Probably the most basic example is where a duplicant builds a tile directly on the spot that they are currently standing.

The duplicant will experience a ~10 second delay after they complete the action where they are just frozen in place and will not respond to any attempt to move them.

Dupes have those short animations when they see a large hole next to them or when the ceiling collapses. They stand still in shock for a second to do the animation similar to how they do an animation when going through water. I remember some animations used to stack, so when 8 tiles of regolith fell next to a dupe he did the same surprised animation 8 times. I`m not sure if that`s still happening.

This is 'normal phenomena'. Instead of getting stuck they are getting teleported. They are able to perform some actions then. For example if my Duplicant just completed a tile behind his head and was about to build another tile very close (no time delay for movement) but he get teleported, he will continue to build another tile without any animation. Definitely there is lack of animation here.

Archived