I need some help with arbor tree pWater consumption.

So .. i was doing some arbor tree experimental ... things actually go well except for the liquid pump feeding the trees.

According to my "math", 50 arbor tree would consume 3500kg of polluted water per cycle, a pump with 100% up time would do 6000kg/cycle, or the pump would be somewhere around 58% uptime, the problem is the pump in my test only works at 45% uptime. I don't know what goes wrong, the plants are pretty happy and would grow without interruptions.

EDIT : OMFG it was actually 40 plants and i thought it was 50 :x

arbor_test.thumb.png.d05e93c49ddbe34e48d7c805d8c0437e.png

arbor_test2.thumb.png.84df8ad45971295e4ad84aa94adc9940.png

Here's the save file :EmptyWorld SANDBOX_.sav

4 hours ago, MinhPham said:

So.. Are you good?

Ok, so some "quick mafs" (Old meme pun, sorry)

Arbor Tree PW consumption is 70 Kg/cycle. (We'd say Kg/C over Tree,  but using tree as a unit would draw nicely only on paper and not on screen.)

There are 40 at the moment. So 70 Kg/C * 40  = 2800 Kg/C total consumption.

A liquid pump delivers 10 Kg/s so let's see how that fares against your PW consumption:  2800 Kg/C ÷ 10 Kg/s = 280 s/C (is seconds/Cycle a thing? :grin: )

We know a cycle is 600s, so let's sub that in:  280s ÷ 600s  = 0.46666... Let's round it to 0.467 or 46.7%

I guess that checks out with your previous estimate of 45% uptime.

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, MinhPham said:

So .. i was doing some arbor tree experimental ... things actually go well except for the liquid pump feeding the trees.

According to my "math", 50 arbor tree would consume 3500kg of polluted water per cycle, a pump with 100% up time would do 6000kg/cycle, or the pump would be somewhere around 58% uptime, the problem is the pump in my test only works at 45% uptime. I don't know what goes wrong, the plants are pretty happy and would grow without interruptions.

arbor_test.thumb.png.d05e93c49ddbe34e48d7c805d8c0437e.png

arbor_test2.thumb.png.84df8ad45971295e4ad84aa94adc9940.png

Here's the save file :EmptyWorld SANDBOX_.sav

Why do that when you can do this for no ressource? :)

12 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Why do that when you can do this for no ressource? :)

My main goal is dirt, not the polluted water, and wild plants are 4 times slower .... you also see in the picture where i test off gas the polluted dirt, then liquidfy the polluted oxygen into liquid oxygen then convert back to pure oxygen with a little power cost ....

Archived