Duplicant Choice

Hey everyone,

A question about how to pick your dupes in the Spaced-out DLC ?
I have been restricting myself to a small team of dupes (perhaps 8 as a main crew, and then you can add one each time you have to leave one on a distant planet). I like to train them as well, so perhaps all scientists would be the way to go (for the %learning skill bonus). Although I do not think the husbandry skill not increasing has been patched or not. Perhpas it is too slow, and I should have a husbandry and farming master.

Also I love nyctophobic, they're so sweet, and the infrastructure is well worth the good stats. 

what are your choices ? How do you build your dupes ?

I started using the DGSM mod because I got tired of waiting for the stars to align, but most runs I don't use mods and follow the same general path.

Basically I like ultra specializing dupes and having them prioritize said tasks, sometimes exclusively.

First 3, a Quicklearner with science interest for fastest research, a mole hands with digging to expand quickly, and either a cooking interest with either divers lung / twinkletoes / quick learning OR a science interest with gourmet. On that note, let cooking interest + gourmet exist PLEASE.

4th dupe after that ideal is animal lover + husbandry, will usualy settle for a part match for this one. The first printed dupe gets a free skillpoint well before the first 3 and lets me rush husbandry faster to meet the meat achievement.

Everyone after that is just trying to match a trait to an (or multiple) interests. They are all more long term so multiple interests are not a negative anymore. I usualy go for 10 dupes on the first planet, which lets me export excess oxygen to the teleport linked planet and run at least 2 dupes their. This does mean I need some role compression, usuaully involving caregiver + something else, or int decorator + something else. 

My favorite negative is loud sleeper because I make them private bedrooms anyway. However, bottomless stomach is sometimes helpful for getting the time limited achievements, and I don't mind pacisit(except for diggy) or squeemish as long as not too many have it.

I pick my dupes like in the base game but when i expand to a new asteroid i pick a new one and keep him for a few cycles so he gets digging skills but still has low expectations. Then i print new ones on the new asteroid. Generally my plan is to have around 12 on each (like i used to in the base game but on other asteroids i stuggle to find enough things for them to do and they idle a lot after they got the basic stuff set up.

Archived