Add commit button to duplicant skill point selection spending.

No.

I'd hate to confirm every single skill point only because once in a while I might missclick.

There are skill scrubbers, work perfectly fine. Or you could have "undo" button in the skill tree menu, so you could undo the skill you just clicked

2 hours ago, pether said:

I'd hate to confirm every single skill point only because once in a while I might missclick.

I do agree that it is not entirely necessary, but there are ways that it can be implemented without being harmful.

Alternative solution: Duplicant needs to reach job board (or printing pod) and while duplicant goes for job board, task is cancelable in some manner, either from duplicant's UI or specific skill gets a cancel button in Skills' UI. 

I'd prefer an undo button that would reset all changes made since opening the skills window. Nothing get applied until the skills menu gets closed. That way there's no extra confirmation needed but in the case of a mistake an undo is just a click away.

I do like the idea of a duplicant needing to reach a printing pod to receive a new skill. That makes it much more important to build one early on each planetoid.

If you have become accustom to scrubbing dupes, then hitting the commit button for every skill selected is not the intention of the commit button.

It is when you have finalized how you want to spend the skill points, whether your dupe has one or a dozen to allocate.

An undo or cancel button is just as useful.

Archived