Liquid Measurement

Internets: searched

Reddit: searched

Klei: searched

Hi all!

I had a very simple question that I can find the answer to.

How does the game measure Liquid? When I have a tall reservoir of say water, and it goes below the level of the pitcher pump, all that water is no longer included in my water count.

Thanks fellow ONI addicts

Hmmm. It seems as long as the pitcher pump is at least touching any part of the giant reservoir, the game will count it.

This gives me an idea to try a tiny liquid extension at the bottom of the giant tank, with the pitcher in it - I'll be back with a report!

Thanks for the quick reply, Yunru.

I`m not actually sure if the game adds the pitcher pump water to the resource amount. I think it didn`t some time ago but that might have changed. The pither pump has acces to 10 tiles of water at maximum so about 10 t of water (a bit more due to compression). If anything the resource screen should only count those 10 tiles.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m not actually sure if the game adds the pitcher pump water to the resource amount. I think it didn`t some time ago but that might have changed. The pither pump has acces to 10 tiles of water at maximum so about 10 t of water (a bit more due to compression). If anything the resource screen should only count those 10 tiles.

Yes, that is how it seems to work for me.

Just to close the loop on this thread, my experiment to create a small bottom offshoot of my reservoir that the pitcher pump can touch failed. Like in real life, the pressure of the main water supply slowly pushed water out of the small outlet.

The pitcher pump did for one brief moment allow the measuring of the entire reservoir though. It sure really seems to use pitcher pump (must be available!) in its water count calculations from my observation.

Archived