Help with Aquatuners - How did I screw this up?

I don't know why, but for some reason my standard aquatuner / steam turbine setup is overheating on the forest planetoid even when only one aquatuner is going. There are 2 tons of steam in the chamber, and pH2O is being tuned.  The chamber is 305 degrees C and climbing! I vented it, added new water to get down to 150, and it went right back up past 300 again before I stopped it.

Any ideas of what I should look for?  None of the inputs are blocked, and 2 kg of water is steadily coming down the pipe from the turbine to the chamber.

My math is:

10kg pH2O per second changing 14 degrees is 588 kDTUs/s

2kg H2O per second changing (305 - 95) = 210 degrees should be 1764 kDTUs/s, right?  So the temperature should be going down with the left aquatuner off?

unknown.png

unknown.png

On the terra planetoid where I started, I've had this guy running for over 100 cycles and it's steady at about 230 degrees C.  Which makes sense because 2* 588k = 1176k, and 230 degree steam (delta T of 135) removes 1134 kDTU/s. 

unknown.png

What are you cooling?  Aluminum volcanos can output a tremendous amount of heat and 2 aqua tuners running regularly output more heat than a single steam turbine can delete.

I believe the ratio is 1.5 aquatuners per turbine assuming full time operation of the aquatuners, so more info is needed. 

How regularly are the tuners running?  Also, do you have an automation overlay?  

1 hour ago, ChrisPBacon000 said:

What are you cooling?  Aluminum volcanos can output a tremendous amount of heat and 2 aqua tuners running regularly output more heat than a single steam turbine can delete.

I believe the ratio is 1.5 aquatuners per turbine assuming full time operation of the aquatuners, so more info is needed. 

How regularly are the tuners running?  Also, do you have an automation overlay?  

Thank you, but it turns out it was a bug that was patched and it works again after my game updated.  I was cooling some salt water and an empty room (to be filled later), so it was 100% uptime for one and ~10% uptime for the other.  

Archived