Theorycrafting on sutainability

On 2/13/2021 at 10:42 AM, Hokaeru said:

Everyone sets their own goals in this game, and a good one for me is to have a team of 8 dupes, 1 living on each asteroid with a different sustainable way

Check out my Hermit Base thread from a few weeks ago. I implemented two minimal-input bases for a single dupe.

The first base:

• Food: 24 wild mushrooms - a little overkill
  • Oxygen: 12 wild oxyferns (plus excess toilet water) - keeps up with 1 dupe fine
  • Power: Sun bug reactor (and hamster wheel)
  • Cooling: One wild whezewort in hydrogen - overkill
  • Toilet Water: Standard bathroom loop
  • Inputs: ~1.3kg filtration medium per cycle

Second base:

• Food: Pacu
  • Oxygen: Rust deoxidizer
  • Power: Refining the iron ore into iron (and hamster wheel)
  • Cooling: Pacu
  • Toilet Water: Pacu
  • Inputs: 79kg rust and 26kg salt per cycle (less what one wild chlorine-starved dasha saltvine makes)

The second one isn't infinitely sustainable because you'll run out of rust and salt eventually, but it's pretty dang cool.

----------------------------------------------

Arbor trees / ethanol / polluted water is good too.

There's also morbs for oxygen. I think the going rate is 10 morbs per dupe. This would take filtration medium of course, or just let your dupe suffer yucky silme lungs.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:09 AM, Hokaeru said:

@The Plum Gate Do you have a particular setup for your "Gulp fish Purification pool" or is it mixed Pwater and Water in the same tank ?

I set up a pickled pacu tank on the swamp asteroid and it's pretty fantastic. Once I had about 60 gulp fish it could filter as much water as I wanted to throw at it. And if I wasn't careful about the temperature it would just make ice. Tons of ice.

This design isn't perfect, but it works pretty well.

Spoiler

20210218215948_1.thumb.jpg.71407ef84e75f45eb0110bc0d3436aac.jpg20210218215952_1.thumb.jpg.8fd14a3d9d87dfc6d2c99e22f6455ab5.jpg

as is i am waiting out the patch as is the maps have gotten so small that building is just not fun then there is the fact that your getting game breaking bugs and building with maps this small is not easy to put it mildly

Archived