Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Hornete

Moonlight Spoons/Spinners

Add new lures named Moonlight Spoon and Moonlight Spinner! They work simarily to the other Spoons and Spinnerbaits with similar stats, but instead of becoming effective in certain parts of the day cycle, it's more effective the closer the full moon is. Using it on a new moon would be least effective, while using it on a full moon would be most effective.

Just a simple little idea, of course the Moonlight Spoon/Spinner lures would have the same recipe as the other Spoons and Spinners but instead they'd be using Moon Mushrooms in their recipe.

Additionally maybe Moon Spoons/Spinners can have an extra perk? Since moon mushrooms inflict grogginess/sleepiness on who eats them they could slow fish when they bite the lure? Just some ideas.

9 hours ago, Hornete said:

it's more effective the closer the full moon is. Using it on a new moon would be least effective, while using it on a full moon would be most effective

I had this idea too for possible Celestial tab crafts in general. I hope they really explore this when/if they add more interesting things to the altars. I think id be really awesome if all lunar related things scaled in effectiveness or whatever with the phase of the moon. Would be so fitting and an interesting way to differentiate possible lunar armor/weaponry/magic from those of the Ancient tab. 

I love this idea! A more interesting lure would be great to have and this fits so well!

Maybe it could have slightly less attraction than the time of day lures (on average, say like on a half moon, then go up/down from there) but it will also have the perk of the stupifying lure to make them struggle less.