Ingredient labels?

Just started playing the game this week and I don't know if maybe I'm not searching for the answer correctly. I'm playing on the Playstation. Is there a way to know what the ingredient is to make something if you're a complete noob to the game? An example is I did noob things and my slingshot burned and I see i can make another one but I have no clue what some of the stuff in the recipe is a picture of. So I'm not sure how to go about finding it. I had to good the wiki and find out I need to go find mosquitoes. Is there a way to click on the ingredients in the recipe and get actual words for what it's a picture of? 

No, there isn't. This is a sandbox game, so your best bet is to explore, risk fights, 'f**k around and find out'. 

You can hover over objects listed on the crafting recipe to check what the item is called to get a better idea of what you need (though I have no idea how that works on PS)

You can just check on wiki if you want, but it's not as fun. Playing with a more experienced player might be advantageous, but can end up unfun if the person you're playing with isn't nice.

Archived