Are you aware of the Chaos that occurred with the DST Discord?

Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Are you aware of the Chaos that occurred with the DST Discord?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

No. I personally think Discord is a terribly overrated and overused platform. Goodbye..

It's a pretty "nepotism-based" platform now that you mention bans and penalties bias. If you know platform's admins/moderators and are in the current's Overton Window range, you are free to be as edgy as you want, 0 consequences. Anything else and you'll get "the boot" - hence rules don't apply fair to all users. As an analogy, think at old mIRC channels and the favoritism was going on there. Not a professional attitude from cold business pov, and that's from the highest administration position. It makes sense for such behavior to "trickle down" to individual servers and such. All-in-all as some random normie is not recommended to use Discord aside small rooms for friends. And whatever you do, don't buy games via Discord - ever. If you get banned, and that may happen even if only part of a server that gets yeeted, you lose access to all those games.

19 hours ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

No. I personally think Discord is a terribly overrated and overused platform. Goodbye..

I would rather say the Klei forums is the odd one out.

the internet is a generally unfriendly and uncompromising place and social platforms that retain anonymity are usually subject to alot of abuse. Discord only puts this in blatant showcase, but it is to be expected and even "normalized".

Having been to alot of nasty places I would definitely say it's the K forums that is unusually optimistic and groomed.

Wait which mod was this? Because I remember one mod that was just lobbing reports on me that got me banned.

Edit: Went through this thread again, seems like the owner was being a ****. And I'm pretty sure the person who banned me wasn't the owner.

Archived