Need auto release of my pilots

My spacefaring dupes get stuck in the rockets until I manually set the crew function to "all".  I accidently leave them stranded in there all the time after landing at a planet because I get involved in other things and  forget  I sent them on a mission.   Eventually they starve or suffocate or pee themselves and notifications pop up, and i remember.  Whoops.

How about a toggle that auto allows them to disembark after they land?  Or if this already exists, someone please tell me how.

Thanks!

I'm a new player but fully obsessed, around 300 hours over the last 1.5 months.

We are talking DLC right? (special forum discussion here)

Do you have round trip activated by any chance?

• If yes, deactivate and change crew option to "auto". When I played like that (crew to auto,  round trip not activated) destination clears when rocket lands and dupes exit the rocket, until I select destination again. I really don't know what the use of round trip is at this point of the DLC (more confusion at most cases)
  • If not, you probably activated at some point, so make sure when the rocket lands destination is cleared (no destination selected). Then, if you put crew option to "auto" it would let dupes out, until rocket is ready to launch (meaning until everything else on the list is checked and you select destination)
  • If it's not about the round trip.. .well... you could post a screenshot maybe..? :D

Okay. I'll give this a try.  I usually keep crew on auto and round trip activated.  The purpose of the the round trip, as far as I have been playing, is to get your ship in orbit at a destination , drop a payload, and then immediately head back home without needing any other interference by the player.

If round trip isn't selected, then you could enter orbit and sit there, and your dupes could once again run out of oxygen or food if you aren't paying attention.   

I'll play around a bit more and see if it just the way I do things that is causing my problem or if it is a game setting i am overlooking.

9 minutes ago, Dr.gravitas said:

The purpose of the the round trip, as far as I have been playing, is to get your ship in orbit at a destination , drop a payload, and then immediately head back home without needing any other interference by the player.

:shock: ok....

I just used "manually" click destination, click rocket, "deploy", without round trip because you need to hit "deploy" in order to drop anything (cargo, trailblazer or rover).. I thought.. Is it possible without "deploy" button? Because using trailblazer with round trip activated complicates things... 

At least for the cargo payloads, there is a little button that lets you do an autodrop once you get into orbit. check it out! You do have to do it on the planetoid map (hotkey z).  

Also I wish you could set that type of thing while looking at the interior mode of the command capsule!  The different options for the spaceship interface seems very random depending on which screen you are looking at.  (the interior mode, the planetoid map, the normal colony map, all seem to show different things.)

1 hour ago, Dr.gravitas said:

At least for the cargo payloads, there is a little button that lets you do an autodrop once you get into orbit.

Ha! I probably missed it in an update (or didn't pay much attention to notice it.. :?) Thanks!

But I believe "roundtrip" is the culprit, not letting dupes out of the rocket when they return, because they are waiting for you to hit the launch button again for a roundtrip :indecisiveness:

For dropping carg from orbit round trips seem to work but to drop a rover or trailblazer you need to hold on orbit and manually select the landing spot.

Anyway m thinking is that on auto when selecting a round trip the dupe should be free to leave the rocket if it`s not ready to launch (not fueled, cargo not fully loaded etc). Once the rocket gets prepared for launch the dupe will board it again. I`m not sure if it works like that 100% of the time but this would be a way to do automated resource transport between close planetoids.

2 hours ago, Dr.gravitas said:

At least for the cargo payloads, there is a little button that lets you do an autodrop once you get into orbit. check it out! You do have to do it on the planetoid map (hotkey z).  

Also I wish you could set that type of thing while looking at the interior mode of the command capsule!  The different options for the spaceship interface seems very random depending on which screen you are looking at.  (the interior mode, the planetoid map, the normal colony map, all seem to show different things.)

Great profile name my friend  :p

Cargo Payloads...Drop the cookie ! Klei cookie in the making ? Still waiting for the yellow cake :confused:

image.png.a821fc6a560951ffd2b6aca541886232.pngimage.png.dc3b7faa6988ca3e95b7e01727e6d1e1.pngimage.png.109bc2ff140ea29db50b51afc06c60d7.png

Okay, I discovered the source of my annoyance.

I have the toggle set to "auto" to get my space-dupe into the rocket for launch.  He travels to the new destination and lands.

However, he lands with so much fuel left that he can immediately launch again if he wants. Therefore the "launch" button is still activated, and since it is set on auto, he will just sit in there until I remember to let him out.

So that pinpoints the problem.  I want a button to "eject pilot upon reaching destination" that I set when it launches.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, Dr.gravitas said:

So that pinpoints the problem.  I want a button to "eject pilot upon reaching destination" that I set when it launches.

If its ( optional ) possible to operate rockets without seeing the inside of a rocket, with the pilots just automatically getting in and getting out, so without playing inside a rocket map...

image.thumb.png.eb86888a12392e04870c04843ead6fc2.png

Archived