Unstable Negotation Card Playing Special Cards

So here's what happened to me. I played an Unstable card in the negotiation before the Automech Bossbit boss fight (right at the start of the negotiation, I should add). This is the negotiation to get assistance for the boss fight. (Unstable is the 0 cost card that plays a random card from your draw pile.) My Unstable card played the special card that ends the negotiation and starts the boss fight. So I would've had to fight the boss solo. Since that was an insta-loss I closed the game and did the negotiation again. But I'm wondering whether people think special cards like the one I just mentioned should be unable to be played by cards like Unstable. It definitely felt off to me, but I'm wondering what other people think?

I see no reason why Unstable shouldn't be able to play any playable card. It's been suggested a number of times that the unique negotiation ending cards should have Sticky though, which would help to alleviate awkward situations like the one you ended up in.

Well, you're an unstable kinda guy/gal. You just suddenly decided to go fight Bossbit all by yourself. It's definitely a tough lesson to learn that way, but it doesn't sound broken to me. You don't have to play unstable if you don't want to, after all. 

I would also prefer if those cards remained un-sticky. Makes for some push-your-luck mechanics. When you do have it in your hand at the end of your turn, you have to decide whether you think you will be better off next time you draw it or not.

Makes sense to me, the cards gained from Arint/Flekfis are directly added to your deck for the next combat, while the supports for the Bossbit/Queen fight turn into arguments in your ring and can be converted back if they're destroyed. I'd say the Arint/Flekfis negotiation is the stranger of the two, why the hard cap on the amount of cards instead of new arguments endlessly spawning with more resolve and increasing Impatience?

Archived