Crow's Nest for Masts: A Different Take

So, there seems to be a fair bit of demand for a Crow's Nest upgrade for the Mast/Winged Sail that lets the player zoom out more while on the boat, so that they'll be able to react to incoming obstacles and the like more easily.

I have invited you all here today to propose an alternative: The Crow's Nest does not let you zoom out or anything of the sort. Instead it houses a crow that acts as a look out for both obstacles and certain rare valuables. The crow will issue an advanced warning  when the boat is sailing towards an obstacle (sea stack, salt stack, sea weed, maybe land?) or away from something valuable (currently, that probably only includes Message Bottles, which have the bad habit of spawning just outside your screen).

Said warning would include a stylized speech bubble with some scrawled symbols (representing danger, treasure, etc.), akin to what comics use to "draw" sounds.

As long as it’s an upgrade that can be applied to a mast that’s already upgraded such as lightning Rod mast, without me having to create 3-4 different masts, I’m down for the suggestion.

but I hate having to build a different mast for different purposes, why can’t a single mast be upgraded to have all the mast upgrades?

Archived