Any good Solo Spacefarer Nosecone design? /Food Poisoning

Please share your Solo Spacefarer Nosecone designs! 

I find it more or less impossible to fit food, oxygen production, toilets  and any means on germ prevention in the nosecone. Thus, with or without toilet, the food in the nose cone and the pilot himself will get covered with Food Poisoning and will spread it afterward in the base. Can this be avoided?

I have no access to suits yet.

Short answer: You dont; you're thinking about it wrong

Both food an oxygen is simple: make enough to last you the entire trip, or two-way trip. Berry juice(I think?) pickled meal doesn't spoil, IIRC.

And with those two not consuming a lot of space, you can do outhouse and maybe squeeze in a hand sanitizer or washbasin. Food poisoning shouldn't be an issue for your first few trips, due to their duration, but you would definitely want to move the dupe out of the rocket as soon as you land and build more permanent fixes to those issues.

IMO the solo spacefarer looks to very much be designed as a "fill it with everything you need for some time, and spend as little time there as possible", and even the larger pod is impossible to make 100% self sustainable (unless you do the wall-breaking exploit) - those can at least last very long, though, with closed loop systems for core life support.

Then there's the ultra-cold strategy, where you cool the rocket down to -70C (I think it was) so that any pee, puke, tears, and CO2 just freezes, and food never spoils...

2 hours ago, Hodhandr said:

Berry juice

*sludge . Berry sludge. Pickled meal spoils really slow (compared to other foods

3 hours ago, habuky said:

Can this be avoided?

Simple: curative tablets (but not necessary IMO... )

My solution to space travels (that hasn't failed me yet..) :

Spoiler

Food: berry sludge (never spoils), oxygen: oxylite (plenty to dig in wasteland biome). Mess hall+ bed to reduce stress from sopping wet.

Oxylite put to the higher tile you can build a storage bin if you want to not overpressure the room. Some algae and dirt just in case..

*atmo suit is not necessary. Nisbet was going to travel to a really really hot planet...

650939982_rocketmodule.JPG.e8d97de619a7bc0b8339638952236454.JPG

591002342_rocketmodule2.thumb.jpg.7c9b6a47caca952a61764ac77a43722f.jpg

1775651086_rocketmodule1.thumb.JPG.b0ff48e268badf7ef10b8d1cee2dfdf3.JPG

*you could put some curative tablets in the fridge too

Otherwise you build a Spacefarer Module+ Basic Nosecone (ceramic for insulator) where you have plenty of room to put proper barracks, latrine and great hall (+an oxyfern to eat some CO2)

749192975_rockettravel.JPG.e0e6956b07ee8e7f7509b39852be00de.JPG

873664583_rockettravel_.JPG.bfe718999158b73f1cb26fdc376098c6.JPG

Do not prevent germs. Just put in food-poisoning medicine. I had to use them recently, because dupes were using too much time getting stressed. It is a cheap and easy solution for longer exploration trips. For short ones, just ignore the issue. 

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

My solution to space travels (that hasn't failed me yet..) :

Thanks, that are nice ones! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Just put in food-poisoning medicine.

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Simple: curative tablets (but not necessary IMO... )

Sure, but for now, during the short trips I never had any problems with Food poisoning. What bothers me, that food poisoning is now popping up in the whole base! I never cared about having curative tablets, as my bases are never have any free food poisoning germs around.

Placing a hand sanitizer or washbasin in front of the rocket would clean the pilot, but not the food he touched. So no solution, other than micromanaging and moving contaminated food in a chlorine environment after each trip? 

-----------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Hodhandr said:

ultra-cold strategy

So, you suggest, trading Food poisoning for hypothermia ?   :D  good deal!

16 minutes ago, habuky said:

What bothers me, that food poisoning is now popping up in the whole base!

Are you playing swamp by any chance and feeding bock bucket toilet water? (I did that... XD ) Yeah... I didn't think food poisoning transferred to cooked food in base game but in DLC it sure does. 

7 hours ago, habuky said:

Please share your Solo Spacefarer Nosecone designs!

I've using an unpowered fridge in a vacuum, with a 1 tile liquid lock so the dupes can still access it.

Oxygen is provided by a rail of oxylite running along the bottom of the capsule. This also deletes CO2.

A hamster wheel and smart battery provide power the the rail loader. And I have the battery on a door that opens when the O2 pressure is high enough. This stops all power drain and heat production. So the capsule is infinitely stable when not in use.

For the spacefarers module I use the same systems, but also squeeze in a bed, a latrine (hand sanitizer), and great hall. With room in the great hall to build a telescope for exploration.

Archived