My Words Exploded

I suddenly felt like writing some fan fiction because I was being a big ball of anger and my tablet hates me. Chances are they'll mostly be one-shots. And for those of you sick of wanting more slash, you'll be in out of luck. I can't write it that well.

So, here, try to enjoy this while I catch up on threads. If my internet allows it that is. >8I

Oh jeez, the alpha version of this was TERRIBLE! You won't have to suffer through it though haha. [MENTION=3745]Lee An[/MENTION] read and suffered through the alpha and beta. Thanks cousin for helping me not churn out complete garbage!

The Fire

Alone, again by the campfire she sits. It’s not like this always. Oftentimes before the light is suppressed by the darkness, a familiar soul comes to visit. But tonight the soul doesn’t come. Tonight she is left with the light of empty promise.

More wood on the fire.

The nights are longer now, with cold white blankets, provided by blank skies. Falling slowly, slowly down, self-weaving over the once lively landscapes. She didn’t dress appropriately to accept such a gift.

She feeds the fire and watches. Even with the logs, the flames still strain to wrap around itself, hissing at the falling snow as it steals the heat. She pokes at the fire with some twigs before offering it.

How much longer will the fire last?

She scans among her tools, choosing the ax for her weapon. The nearest tree, she has selected it. The increasing wind cannot stop her. Up the blade rises before hitting it’s mark. The tree doesn’t scream as she strikes it repeatedly. There’s no point screaming, and the fallen tree in the forest is unheard.

The evidence is burned.

She warms herself. The fire is crackling at her, almost as if to remind her that everything dies.

With a sharpened stick, she impales her food, failing to ignore the sounds, the jeering, the blame. She forces them into the fire, the screams continue. Her hand clutches her hair, pulling at it. Trying to forget, trying to ignore.

The screams stop, the fire satisfied. It is her turn to feed.

But it’s not enough. She feels empty still. She needs more. The screaming is louder, and it blames her, she is the reason they’re dead.

Between her eyes scrunches together, and she curls in on herself. Hands grasp desperately for something to hold on to, to make it stop, but it finds only hair. And she clenches. Getting a grasp on the one at fault, she hates it. She hates this feeling. She cannot stop it. And she hates it.

Then her hand feels something.

She picks a flower amongst the now tangled hair. The only flower winter failed to wither. The only one that has yet to become dirt. The only beauty left.

But it’s a fake they tell her. It was never really alive. She hurls it into the fire.

The fire spits angrily at her feet, and she rises. She glances back once at the dying fire, before her footsteps retreat into the darkness.

The flames burn no longer, the morning soon to follow.

Edited by jujubomber
Crediting the alpha/beta reader.

welcome back, ju.i am envy you can write stories.so what will u do next ?

Hehe, I kind of forgot I could write them. Though I find it easier to write original stuff. Writing other people's characters is hard.As for next time, I'm not sure. Depends how I'm feeling. ;) Maybe Willow if I'm angry again.Also thanks! Edited by jujubomber
Correcting a letter, because that was a different word entirely. Oops.