easy suggestion for balancing the game

i see a lot of peaple complaining about the game difficulty, so i come with a solution that i believe is not too hard to implement.

what if at the world generation would be an option to add a multiplier to damage and health to all mobs?

one even easier way to implement this is by adding the multiplier to characters damage and damage reduction, instead of mobs.

what do you think? worth the trouble for solving the "too easy" issue?

This is called "artificial difficulty" and this was already applied from DS1 to DST. This is why dragonfly does not have 27,000 health in DS1.

I don't know anybody who particularly enjoys artificial difficulty. It is a rather lazy route especially for a game with little combat depth.

18 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Oh well, I'm certain you understand what I meant.

Most mobs got a 2x health modifier already.

i just pointed your example but yeah, for clockworks, pigs and company having double hp doesnt make the game harder neither more fun

the same with bosses like deerclops or treeguards, makes the game tedious because they are easy but takes time instead of having cool atack kit like ancient hulk

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i just pointed your example but yeah, for clockworks, pigs and company having double hp doesnt make the game harder neither more fun

i understand what you are saying.

to be fair im fine with the actual difficulty, just wanted to know if it is a viable solution.

thank you both for your replies

Archived