Endless attempts to get water

Guest aresd

2 hours ago, JRup said:

Remove the liquid vent that's built beneath the pitcher pump.

Need to either prohibit construction in this place, or fix a bug. And the fact that the water drain is to blame, I guessed without you. Just by Spice Out! there is no section for publishing bugs.

I don't thing it has anything to do with the liquid vent. I got that bug all the time in the DLC where dupes attempt dozens of time to retrieve liquid before either stop and get another task assigned, or finally manage to pump some small amount of liquid.

12 hours ago, aresd said:

Need to either prohibit construction in this place, or fix a bug. And the fact that the water drain is to blame, I guessed without you. Just by Spice Out! there is no section for publishing bugs.

This will even happen in vanilla ONI.

My best guess is that it is related to the feature the pitcher pump has: Build it in shallow liquid then it has a short "straw", a long "straw" for a deep reservoir... And this updates according to depth.

It is unlike the gantry in that the area needed for the structure is mostly a no-build zone requiring free space.

I've had this happen to me as well and which made me spiral downwards in a little thought experiment. I've not seen code so allow me to start speculation:

The straw reports liquid availability but the depth reported where this is available to be drawn from is fudged by the height the liquid vent is at.

The pitcher pump tries to draw with a top down approach and provides nothing because the lower depth technically does not exist as the building is effectively gimped by the vent: this triggers a "re-task to dupe" and the frenzy begins. (Specially noticeable if proximity is used.)

10 hours ago, qda said:

I don't thing it has anything to do with the liquid vent. I got that bug all the time in the DLC where dupes attempt dozens of time to retrieve liquid before either stop and get another task assigned, or finally manage to pump some small amount of liquid.

This would strongly depend on your setup.

For example: you have an atmo suit setup in your base; the pitcher pump is inside the base and the task beyond the atmosuit checkpoint.

Funny things will happen related to suit availability.

12 hours ago, sakura_sk said:
12 hours ago, aresd said:

If you mean "Space".. here

We're probably missing Baby, Scary, Posh ... (I'll see myself out...)

Archived