It's been in the game since the start and is EASILY the most annoying "feature" there is.  The moment the downtime schedule hits, all your dupes throw away whatever they were holding and run off to the bathroom.  Is there any way to make it so they just deliver the goods first?  In many cases they are delivering them back to base which is where they are going anyway!

Constantly they will drop objects down massive ladder runs which take ages to get back, critters they were moving get dropped into water so they drown or captured critters get released, ice in the middle of the base so it melts everywhere or some other temperature critical material into an environment it can't be in.  Dupes traveling through tubes will throw away the item mid transit, in some cases this will mean I lose items because I often build my tube systems through areas my dupes have no physical access to.

I don't mind the "I'm low on oxygen so I'm going to drop this" one, that makes sense as people do panic a bit when out of breath.  But the "I'm it's dinner time, I'm on break, not my job" discarding of objects is a real pain and often leads to massive clean up jobs.

Could we at least have an option they remember what they were doing when they come back off break?  They usually reassess and if other priorities have come up that block of ice they dropped in the bedrooms will flood them sometime tomorrow before they get back to remembering it.

This is what we folks in the industry like to call hanging it up for the day. ( the hat ). Seems like they could just hang-up whatever they're doing in a little satchel and go back to it later or let another take it from there.

I think physical hand-offs would be a great feature for resource delivery between dupes and on these kinds of breaks.

Having them toss it on the nearest flat surface would be also be nice.

4 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

This is what we folks in the industry like to call hanging it up for the day. ( the hat ). Seems like they could just hang-up whatever they're doing in a little satchel and go back to it later or let another take it from there.

I think physical hand-offs would be a great feature for resource delivery between dupes and on these kinds of breaks.

Having them toss it on the nearest flat surface would be also be nice.

Maybe a "finish work" block on the shcedule where the dupe doesn`t take new tasks but still finishes the ones started. Dupes that are done will go do downtime things and ones still working will try to finish their task. This would give us flexibility as we could disable it or extend according to needs.

Archived