Caves not generating

There are a lot of problems with caves gen lately on ps4, i notice it on all Klei pubs.

Sometimes Caves freeze like you say, sometimes they are just turned off completely, and sometimes they work. Idk what causes this, i thought it was related to the dedicated servers, it scares me that it can bug my worlds too :). 

14 hours ago, BeeClops said:

There are a lot of problems with caves gen lately on ps4, i notice it on all Klei pubs.

Sometimes Caves freeze like you say, sometimes they are just turned off completely, and sometimes they work. Idk what causes this, i thought it was related to the dedicated servers, it scares me that it can bug my worlds too :). 

D:

I haven't encountered any cave problems or bugs lately.. I only play in my solo worlds though..

Now I am worried! haha

• Developer
On 1/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, Tigerkix said:

Started a new world online with friends, standard caves and custom forest. Entering the sink holes just brings me to a duplicate forest. Is this a glitch or generation error?

There's a problem with one of your presets that's causing the game to generate two forest worlds rather than a forest and a caves world. You can solve it by deleting all your presets and starting fresh.

16 hours ago, CharlesB said:

There's a problem with one of your presets that's causing the game to generate two forest worlds rather than a forest and a caves world. You can solve it by deleting all your presets and starting fresh.

what about the pubs tho? It's been the case on them for the past few weeks or so, I'd say on average from the 4-6 klei servers 1-2 has working caves.

Archived