Lets talk about the new notifications (diagnostics)

The new diagnostic system is nice and can be really helpful. Especially the "trapped" notification. But there are certain scenarios where it gets super annoying. Especially 2 of them:

1. Breathability. - It seems an important issue. Breathability gets bad and everybody dies. But it tracks the current atmosphere the dupes are in so if half of your colony is digging in the bottom of your base (in a CO2 pit) the breathability falls below 50% right away alarming you for no reason if the rest of the base is fully breathable. From my experience 95% of the time it`s a false alarm (i had it detect a real threat once) and should be looked at or everybody will just turn it off and it won`t serve any purpose.

2. Plants wilted. - Whenever a shinebug flies too close to your dusk caps it pops. Whenever a dupe is late to bring the sulfur to your grubfruit farm it pops. Whenever the dasha saltvine planted to get rid of chlorine does it`s job it pops again (seroisly dasha saltvines cause the notification to pop every 2 seconds). I know you can mute it but it doesn`t fix the core problem. It needs to give useful information. Like a large amount of plants not growing for a while.

Any other notifications are getting annoying for you guys? I`m talking about the new ones, not the random door overheating in the PoI that spawned next to magma that we all remember from the vanilla game.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:27 PM, Sasza22 said:

2. Plants wilted. - Whenever a shinebug flies too close to your dusk caps it pops. Whenever a dupe is late to bring the sulfur to your grubfruit farm it pops. Whenever the dasha saltvine planted to get rid of chlorine does it`s job it pops again (seroisly dasha saltvines cause the notification to pop every 2 seconds). I know you can mute it but it doesn`t fix the core problem. It needs to give useful information. Like a large amount of plants not growing for a while.

Kill all shinebugs early on or confine them outside the dusk cap farm.

Automate plant fertilization delivery with robo-arms.

Saltvines are only a temporary solution for the "wild" chlorine (also i'd rather run all the chlorine into drecko balm lily ranch)

All what's left is crops wilting due to temperatures, which is a good notification.

Batteries on accessory subsystems are my ringer. ..and that one that's part of a POI, that's an issue too.

I use temporary or intermittent circuits that don't always need power, it would be nice to disable global notifications on select buildings - even make their red icons disappear.

Maybe a notifications overlay - by the time I can click on one to zoom, it's over and done with, I can't always warp to a notice - it goes away, so some history of the notifications would be nice, how they implement it would probably be a QOL thing.

13 hours ago, Sith515 said:

temporary

My playstyle relies on temporary solutions a lot. I tend to use stuff like that for hundreds of cycles and that`s why the notifications crop up all the time. Of course i can do a proper setup but it`s quite a bit of work to just get rid of a false alarm.

12 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

it would be nice to disable global notifications on select buildings

This would be great as well. When i abandoned a design it still produces alerts. Like a sleet farm that goes on and off due to temperature fluctuations i`m too lazy to fix. Disabling warnings it creates would leave aout actual problems (like brine in my bristle irrigation system).

Archived