thanks to klei and a bunch of suggestions

First thank you klei for this awesome console support in the last year. You guys delivered just fine and I am excited about what's coming next.

---

I am playing DST since its release on console (PS4). In that time a lot has changed and some things got better for us console players (target locking, general updates). But there are still some things I would like to see in the future to improve the experience.
I think almost everything of this has already been suggested, but it might be getting implemented if more and more are people requesting these changes.

So here are my suggestions / wishes for DST (ordered by personal priority):

Geometric Placement

Could be activated when a specific item (with infinite durability and craftable without science machine) is held by the player. Placing objects while item is equipped, activates geometric placement.

Creative Mode

Practicing boss fights or experimenting with decorations is time consuming on console. It would be great to have a "creative"-playstyle option when creating a new world. This playstile would allow us to toggle specific console commands (c_supergodmode, c_freecrafting, LongUpdate, ...) via pause menu:

• "Activate Godmode"
  • "Activate Freecrafting"
  • "Skip to [dawn|dusk|night]"
  • "Skip 1 day"
  • "Skip season"
  • "Reveal map"

Of course trophies / achievements would be disabled in creative worlds (PS4/5).

"Islands" World Generation

With the great sailing mechanism I would like to experience a shipwrecked like adventure with many islands. A world generation option for generating islands for each biom would absolutely awesome for me.

For a secure start, each player could spawn with a boat and an oar in the inventory (on first time spawn). This could be deactivated in world generation settings. But of course caves and wormholes exist, so maybe it's not neccessary.

Critters

• Targeting priority Critters are a nice addition to the game and I would adopt them more often if they wouldn't be annoying during fights (targeting). Maybe reduce the targeting priority for the critters when a weapon is held by the player or an enemy is nearby.
  • Sounds Some of their sounds are annoying. A option to turn off this sounds would be nice.

Stationary Cookbook / Cookbook-Stand

I really like the cookbook, but it would be nice to have a structure, where we can place the cookbook and just "click" on it to read the book.

Beefalo Domestication

I am not sure about this, because year of the beefalo is in sight, but I wish the process would be more transparent. I have some ideas, but I will wait with that until the upcoming event arrived.

Skins

• Moon / Crystal Chest: I would like to see more variants of chest skins (different skins help to remember what's inside without using signs)

Accessibility

• Add a option to switch the analog sticks
  • Add a toggle for optional warning icons for upcoming attacks - deerclops, hounds, worms  etc. (because if you're deaf it's easy to miss the hints from the player when on map)

PS4/5

Activating emotes on console is a bit to "complicated". It would be nice if we could assign emotes to specific touch gestures on the touchpad (swipe up to trigger the assigned emote).

You forgot a global pause button- a feature that existed back in 2009 with Borderlands on the Xbox 360/ps3.. 

Its simple enough: If enough people pause the game (or if the host pauses it themselves) the game pauses.

I have very bad bladder problems and have to get up to pee a lot... Which with DST not having a Pause Button ends up being a good many causes of my character dying.

14 hours ago, Frontente said:

Targeting priority Critters are a nice addition to the game and I would adopt them more often if they wouldn't be annoying during fights (targeting). Maybe reduce the targeting priority for the critters when a weapon is held by the player or an enemy is nearby.

If you mean the critters from the den in the meteor biome, they cant be targeted

Very good suggestions. I really like the cookbook one

The creative mode will make the learning curve less tedious for certain things

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You forgot a global pause button- a feature that existed back in 2009 with Borderlands on the Xbox 360/ps3.. 

Its simple enough: If enough people pause the game (or if the host pauses it themselves) the game pauses.

I have very bad bladder problems and have to get up to pee a lot... Which with DST not having a Pause Button ends up being a good many causes of my character dying.

You're right, I totally forgot that. The game "dying light" pauses the game, when everyone is in the menu. Something like that would be great.

7 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

If you mean the critters from the den in the meteor biome, they cant be targeted

Are you sure about that? The last time I adopted the moon moth it was always in my way during a fight. Maybe it's only a problem for console / playing with controller?

17 minutes ago, Frontente said:

You're right, I totally forgot that. The game "dying light" pauses the game, when everyone is in the menu. Something like that would be great.

Are you sure about that? The last time I adopted the moon moth it was always in my way during a fight. Maybe it's only a problem for console / playing with controller?

im pretty sure, i tried to kill mine the first time xD

maybe is a bug

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im pretty sure, i tried to kill mine the first time xD

maybe is a bug

You can’t kill them, but they do get in your way of performing basic game functions, such as but not limited to- feeding yourself, healing yourself, planting stuff, interacting with stuff.. it can be annoying because they should tag behind you somewhere like how Abigail tails way behind Wendy. 
I don’t know about the Lunar Moth though.. the only pets I’ve ever really used or KittyKit, & Vargling- the others I either don’t care about at all or I am not willing to give up my cat/dog to adopt them.

Ive also crafted gloom gloom too but that one was overly annoying.. 

My favorite pet of all time however was Carrat during Year of The Carrat, and I don’t care what anyone says- It was the best pet companion ever & I miss him/her (I admit I neglected to feed or care for a few so they died..) so yeah I had both Male & Female pet Carrats and they were totally awesome little faithful companions that filled my heart with much Joy. :love_heart:

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can’t kill them, but they do get in your way of performing basic game functions, such as but not limited to- feeding yourself, healing yourself, planting stuff, interacting with stuff.. it can be annoying because they should tag behind you somewhere like how Abigail tails way behind Wendy. 
I don’t know about the Lunar Moth though.. the only pets I’ve ever really used or KittyKit, & Vargling- the others I either don’t care about at all or I am not willing to give up my cat/dog to adopt them.

Ive also crafted gloom gloom too but that one was overly annoying.. 

My favorite pet of all time however was Carrat during Year of The Carrat, and I don’t care what anyone says- It was the best pet companion ever & I miss him/her (I admit I neglected to feed or care for a few so they died..) so yeah I had both Male & Female pet Carrats and they were totally awesome little faithful companions that filled my heart with much Joy. :love_heart:

he is talking about hitting them

Archived