Simple building - holds independently bottled gas or liquids and does nothing else - A bottle rack ( pluralized ). And possiblly a multi-type bottle storage. 

Some specificity as to what - ex. Liquid or gas of a specific type - slider defined maximum stored mass if reasonable. Something to be more useful than the art deco pedestal.

I know the pedestal display can be used like this already, ..it's mass limits are too low to be practical for rocket interiors, in other words.

As such, it could be used to dispense or drop it's mass via some automation hooks. This would imply that it will need power - which I could honestly do without that degree of complexity if it has a reasonably low mass limit.

These bottles could then be dropped on the floor or used with oxygen masks for example.

Liquids could also find a purpose with this.

The purpose this achieves is storing liquids and gasses in bottled form.

This is yet another way for storing and dropping things essentially. The automatic dispenser is interesting enough for solids.

We could use some more things to do with bottles. They are aa type of debris that can`t be moved in a reasonble way without either releasing the liquid/gas delivering to a consumer or forcing a dupe to drop it mid way. It would help keeping the base clean.

I know right,

If it is the same size as the storage compactor, then it could hold 2 bottles.

Total 50kg of gas, or 2000kg liquid.

Working out what the limits are using the 25kg per tile per bottle gas and 1000kg per tile per bottle liquid seems reasonable for a given building type since this forms a correlation between existing gas/liquid storage buildings.

How it behaves with more than one liquid or gas or both - there might be the afformentioned limits imposed upon depositing both, so 25/1000 max 1025 total.

Having gas and liquid stored in a building like this may also be a means to heat or cool the gasses quickly.

This serves as a storage vessel for mixed random liquids, and so on. We could be presented with a filter item list, and choose one or two types.

Whether they would allow more than two elements is up to them. I think this would be great for housekeeping stuff.

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

If it is the same size as the storage compactor, then it could hold 2 bottles.

Total 50kg of gas, or 2000kg liquid.

Would probably be simplier if it was different buildings for liquids and gasses. Wouldn`t need recalculating how much mass of each would fit. Just like a compactor for liquid or gas bottles. It could hold different elements like compactors do. Bottles too big to fit would get split into smaller ones.

Archived