Automating Grubfruit farms

So, i'm trying to automate adding fertilizer and sulfur to a grubfruit farn, but i'm having trouble shipping fertilizer/sulfur to the farm.

1. I've setup an auto-sweeper and a bin and a solids transport line to the auto-sweeper.

2. elsewhere I setup a solids transport loader

3. Auto-sweepers take from low priority and place in higher priority so the farm tile has to be a higher priority than the bin.

4. If I set the loader to a the same priority as the bin, dups just go and manually feed sulfur and ferts to the farm tile which has a higher priority

5. if i set the loader to a higher priority to the bins, the dups steals from the bins to load the the transport loader and hence infinite loop with no new sulfur or ferts being fetched.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

I`m not sure if the priority thing works with farms. It`s a supply errand (or even a farming one i`m not sure) not a storage one so it should work if the farm tiles have the same priority.

If it doesn`t work remember that the auto sweeper will work even if the bin is set to 1 and farm tiles set to 2 which should make dupes ignore those unless they don`t have other tasks.

Conveyor buildings have an "allow manual use" checkbox which you can use to make only auto sweepers able to empty the receptacle which should fix the infinite loop. You can also place it behind closed doors so dupes can`t get inside.

By the time I get to fully automatic farms they are generally sealed units that dupes can't enter.

If I want the dupes to harvest the plants but automate the supply I would usually build the supplying autosweepers in a sealed room below the farm.

4 hours ago, Fyrel said:

If I want the dupes to harvest the plants but automate the supply I would usually build the supplying autosweepers in a sealed room below the farm.

I use to supply slime to mushrooms the same way, mostly to prevent PO off-gassing in the farm

Archived