Confused on how I am supposed to get the trading cards for the game on steam

I have 350 h and have not reveived a single one. After I checked how I would get one dropped it said I would have to purchase something. As far as I know there is nothing to purchase apart from the game itself and the dlc, which I own both of. The steam faq say that this usually only a thing with f2p games. (edit: the ingame puchase stuff)

Thanks in advance.

Edit 2: Idk if the devs just whitelisted me for the drops, but I just got one and it tells me I´m able to get them dropped through playing. Thanks devs! (or whatever may have caused it ;) )

What's still more interesting is that there are also "foil trading" cards and some other stuff... did buy the jumpsuit and the miner's helmet on the cheap....

image.thumb.png.f4b7589f7aad95a1d6e4ac2e2773a24d.png

9 hours ago, Hayday2 said:

I´m still confused on how people even got a hold of those that were on the market before that.

It's steam, I'm sure they've enslaved a Khajit somewhere.

36 minutes ago, TheMule said:

But how does that work exactly?

Steam is guilty of trying to gamify my feelings and bejeweling the process of getting cards.... Yes, I only blame steam. And I'm guessing Klei enabled the thing.

I guess I'll get the other cards when they're up for less than a penny because I will not be buying any booster packs any time soon. (Personal policy of only pumping real monies into games only - never: jewels, booster packs, virtual currency, etc. / OTOH: Virtual "shekels" from selling other cards or virtual shrubberies shall be used for said stuff instead - but what I have in the steam wallet doesn't even amount to ¢50 so I guess I could sell some cards dropped from other games...)

image.png.d28037be76e30427eea6332c80f76354.png

6 hours ago, molsen234 said:

What is the purpose of these cards?

This is mostly a steam thing...

Steam profiles are also "game-ified" in the sense that your profile can "level up" and customize things so that they are purdy, but other than that it has no practical use. There is no impact on this game, whatsoever.

Now here is where it gets interesting:

If you don't care much about all that leveling and what-nots then it's a healthy thing, if you actually get into it then be prepared to fork out some "monies" for virtual stuff that is just virtual bling.

Klei gets a pittance out of these transactions, of course and steam too... I prefer to directly spend the real money on games. But I don't mind selling and trading cards with the same virtual currency (there are some that will argue it is actual money, but whatever) that comes out of itself, steam does events where you can earn cards for free (they're just not ONI cards...).

4 minutes ago, JRup said:

This is mostly a steam thing...

Steam profiles are also "game-ified" in the sense that your profile can "level up" and customize things so that they are purdy, but other than that it has no practical use. There is no impact on this game, whatsoever.

Now here is where it gets interesting:

If you don't care much about all that leveling and what-nots then it's a healthy thing, if you actually get into it then be prepared to fork out some "monies" for virtual stuff that is just virtual bling.

Klei gets a pittance out of these transactions, of course and steam too... I prefer to directly spend the real money on games. But I don't mind selling and trading cards with the same virtual currency (there are some that will argue it is actual money, but whatever) that comes out of itself, steam does events where you can earn cards for free (they're just not ONI cards...).

Thanks for the explanation! Yes, that sounds like it is nothing for me :D Steam is a bit odd in some ways. My only game was Cities: Skylines, and they would not even let me post comments on mods or anything until I actually made a purchase directly on their site (I had bought it from a 3rd party). Eventually I caved, and that is how I ended up playing ONI. Must say I am very happy I did!

Archived