The problem with outweighing atmosuits from place to place

When appointing to deliver the atmosuit to the place. The duplicate simply outweighs the suit from the next place to the designated one and does not bring a new one. It is necessary to fix that if there is a free atmosuit, the duplicate would bring it to the assigned module and not outweigh it from the neighboring one.2.thumb.png.5ffcab35764d4e5c6603227eb506df58.png

I am finding this super-frustrating at the moment, since instead of taking from the pile of new atmosuits, they simply steal one from another dock, making that station not work. The micro workaround is building a lower-priority storage container next to the new dock which gets the suits and then is the source for the dock, but that is annoying.

Yeah, and now that the Suit wears out we need to build more and place it more. I think this whole suite wears out thing should have a configuration where you can disable it. With more planets to go the suits will be even more important. Making them spend that fast is annoying and unrealistic (as the suits in real life are made to last decades).
Anyway, a docked suit should not be available to hang into another dock. Just saying. 

On 1/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, TheRealBamboo said:

This really is a massive annoyance, I agree. It doesn't help with the new atmo suit decay system either

Wait, suits decay now? I had not even noticed. No wonder I always have fewer than I thought.

Using some fiber to repair isn´t that bad. Maybe need check the numbers. For example, sounds a bit more razoable if suit loss some durability when you overexpose to severe conditions ( high / low temperatures , stay wet a long time , a duplicant pee inside it ) , less when a duplicant doing a job in a razoable place ( wearing the suit for convenience ) and a very slow decay when in stand by on station.

Another point, is interesting you know if a duplicant wearing a suit could count with it another time; maybe add the suit %durability on the equipment table could be usefull.

Archived