Plants, Variation - Decor seems arbitrary.

I would think that it might be subjective as to what plants look nice relative to others - so some of these plants have a rather arbitrary decor value - it would be nice if some had very low negatives or neutral decor.

I can kind of understand why - but at the same time some of these plants can be more repulsive than debris on the ground.

I like that the plants have various states, it would also be nice if there was some randomness to their display ( variations within like aged plants ). The farming overlay can easily resolve growth stages. There's really no need to exclusively use a single path of frames for growth state.

I agree it feels kinda weird that mealwood has strong negative decor but all other plants are positive. A bit more variety would be cool. Dusk caps don`t look like decor plants, neither do bog buckets. Wilted plants could give negative decor as well.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I agree it feels kinda weird that mealwood has strong negative decor but all other plants are positive. A bit more variety would be cool. Dusk caps don`t look like decor plants, neither do bog buckets. Wilted plants could give negative decor as well.

The bog bucket is also unfortunately quite ugly for the dupes.

To build on this, I would like to see decor plants have a wider array of temperature variances.  It seems like three are the same and Joyas alone can handle hotter temps.  Why not make them all different ranges, one for cooler, one a little warmer, one for hotter, and one more extreme...

Though as for Decor, the plants decor seems weak in general, I usually just add stone pillars or paintings instead of the plants.  Could plants have some other attribute that makes someone prefer them, or at least make them competitive with works of art?  perhaps require potted plants to make a "room", or all plants act like oxyfern just a bit (so as not to provide all oxygen, but be compelling compared to carved rocks).

11 hours ago, ONI-FAN said:

Though as for Decor, the plants decor seems weak in general, I usually just add stone pillars or paintings instead of the plants.

That's at least partially mitigated by their ease of use. You don't need any artists to plant a plant for a décor boost.

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

That's at least partially mitigated by their ease of use. You don't need any artists to plant a plant for a décor boost.

I like the decorative plants. I wish they could be planted anywhere - including replanting in natural tiles. This might be an acceptable perk for recreating nature reserves. Decorative plants could be the only ones that could be done like this.

7 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I wish they could be planted anywhere - including replanting in natural tiles

Pips can do that for you.

I think the plants are ok but could use more variety. One already creates allergy germs that improves morale. I think the others should have some unique effects or perks. Like the swamp one growing underwater. One plant growing in vacuum or one for cold biomes as no decorative plant survives below zero.

Archived