Suggestion for things that output exhaust of any kind

Thoughts on piped output?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should everything with a gas output at least have the option for a connected pipe?

• Yes, please! It would make things much cleaner and easier.
    • Meh.
    • No. I like having to build massive complex things to separate gases from my electrolyzers.
    • I like cake.
  2. 2. Would you like a filter with multiple outputs to make sorting out mixed inputs easier?

• Yes, please!
    • Meh.
    • No.
    • I like pie.

Just my thoughts, but anyone else think that they should include at least an option for piped output on all things that output any kind of exhaust?

Examples: Electrolyzers with pipe outputs for oxygen and hydrogen or CO2 pipe outputs on coal generator.

It just seems like this should be the default for anything that has an output...

3 hours ago, KonfigSys said:

there are mods for that. I guess it will be too easy.

Early on electrolyzer not having an output pipe is a good thing, without full automation being present it provides a challenge and goes through multiple upgrades as technology develops. But late game with large colony it becomes tedious to set up same room again and again. Specifically in electrolyzer's case some late game skill or device to separate one of the gasses might be useful (mods from asteroids far away?), but electrolyzer is an major edge case due to having two gas outputs, high throughput and output is hot, everything else needs a lot less effort and space to set up.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:32 PM, AndreyKl said:

Early on electrolyzer not having an output pipe is a good thing, without full automation being present it provides a challenge and goes through multiple upgrades as technology develops. But late game with large colony it becomes tedious to set up same room again and again. Specifically in electrolyzer's case some late game skill or device to separate one of the gasses might be useful (mods from asteroids far away?), but electrolyzer is an major edge case due to having two gas outputs, high throughput and output is hot, everything else needs a lot less effort and space to set up.

I agree that they can bring some hitech buildings (refinery, plastic press, electrolizer, oil generator, etc. - with pipe gas outputs, big transformer with two outputs, etc.)  through advanced research when you do this radioactive research thing. 

I had 5 eletrolizers in my big vanilla map - testing various set-ups - I ended up running just three (and all three had different designs).

Now with electricity not a problem I went from the most efficient to the most simple set-up - just a room with two-three pumps, electrolizer and a gas filter outside (yes, the one which consumes 120W and which you may not use in the vanilla game).

Archived