Thermodyanmics question

Assumptions:

• Oil/Petrol exchanger has 90% efficiency in addition to a loss of 2.5K after boiling
    • At this low of a flow rate, you can get better than 90% efficiency with a good exchanger - perhaps 93% is more likely.
  • Flow rate is manipulated so CO2 exchanger maintains 412.5C (boiling temperature + 10K)
  • No other heat is recovered from CO2 (could go to heating oil down the line)
    • The heat lost here is about the same as the heat used to boil. I also provide conservative estimates assuming half of this remaining heat goes into each the petrol and oil at the same efficiency of the original exchanger.

Heat source boiled mass capacity:

• 463g/s at 90% exchanger efficiency
  • 600g/s at 93% exchanger efficiency
  • 800~1070/s at 90-93% exchanger efficiency and guess of 2nd stage CO2 heat recovery mechanics

image.thumb.png.4092a084edc2e03cf95ae7189a296bf1.png
(math)

Here's one way to do it.

There will probably be massive losses for a long time if you are using ceramic while it heats up.

Instead, you can line your buildings with liquids/gold metal on the hot side and use gold amalgam radiant pipes in vacuum for covering long distances to reduce the time to reach steady-state perfect insulation with low tech materials. You can replace the oxygen with very low mass chlorine to also isolate that pipe segment.

Something like this would be needed for ceramic tier perfect insulation. Liquid tiles are all 10g (except over pressure petrol tiles).
image.thumb.png.91a0a25660b949d6f1eed9afa424e505.png

Ah, the pump cheetah!

First time I've seen an application for the gas version of this. Almost everybody knows the magma pumper for the liquids version (I personally use and abuse it)... This one is a little more finicky to build, but me likey. I can see where this would be useful for a hydrogen geyser as well.

@nakomaru: the image link at the end of your post is broken atm. (edit: fixed, thx)

11 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Here's one way to do it.

There will probably be massive losses for a long time if you are using ceramic while it heats up.

Instead, you can line your buildings with liquids/gold metal on the hot side and use gold amalgam radiant pipes in vacuum for covering long distances to reduce the time to reach steady-state perfect insulation with low tech materials. You can replace the oxygen with very low mass chlorine to also isolate that pipe segment.

Something like this would be needed for ceramic tier perfect insulation. Liquid tiles are all 10g (except over pressure petrol tiles).
image.thumb.png.91a0a25660b949d6f1eed9afa424e505.png

Oh, wow... How do people come up with those setups :O

I was thinking using an automated doors pump but i'll this this one a try too.

Thx bud

Archived