is there an issue with deploying multiple trailblazers?

I don't want to report this as a bug yet in case i'm doing something wrong that i'm just not understanding.

Earlier in my current game, I successfully landed a trailblazer module onto planetoid B. I recall doing this by creating a rocket with a trailblazer module and a solo command module, having two dupes enter that module - one pilot, and one dupe that i was trailblazing. Once I orbited planetoid B, the deploy option became available, i selected my dupe, and they got deployed to the planetoid.

I'm trying to send another dupe to the asteroid using the same method, but when I hit the point of orbiting the planetoid, the deploy is still greyed out despite all other variables being the same. What am I missing, or am I missing nothing, and this is an error?

628978038_ScreenShot2020-12-23at13_10_45.thumb.png.c5121991b56592866a18c06ba7e92ad9.png

3 hours ago, darknotezero said:

What am I missing, or am I missing nothing, and this is an error?

Is it possible that they didn't load the extra refined metal to build the trailblazer? Because if deployed to a different planetoid when returning the rocket to base or land to planetoid, trailblazer needs to be rebuild. (Just guessing here... :D It could also be a bug/error. If so, save/reload to check)

32 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Is it possible that they didn't load the extra refined metal to build the trailblazer?

Ah, so there's the building of the trailblazer rocket module and then also the trailblazer itself that gets deployed to the planetoid? I was confused the first time i built it when it was looking for additional ore when it seemed it was already built, but this could be the answer.

And if so, there definitely needs to be more clarity to how it works.

5 hours ago, darknotezero said:

And if so, there definitely needs to be more clarity to how it works.

When the trailblazer or any other rocket module (e.g. rover) is not fully constructed (needs more materials for the deployed part) there is a warning. But then you have to "acknowledge" it, you don't immediately launch . (examples below)

Spoiler

normal launch with everything constructed, no warnings

1717554308_rocketlaunch.JPG.f093a2b497743a46f54cf029ee1970b8.JPG

"acknowledge warnings" launch

1368556140_rocketlaunchwarning.JPG.e9b9e1c61271c02da8d06cc3d1f09319.JPG

There is also the "partially fueled" warning, when you try to reach a destination one way and you don't have enough fuel to return

I don't know if it is too subtle and it needs to be "more alerting". For me everything in ONI just needs more playing time. The more hours of play I give to it, the more coherent everything seems :D

12 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Is it possible that they didn't load the extra refined metal to build the trailblazer? Because if deployed to a different planetoid when returning the rocket to base or land to planetoid, trailblazer needs to be rebuild. (Just guessing here... :D It could also be a bug/error. If so, save/reload to check)

that is the first I was thinking off. When trailblazer returns it should be loaded not only with a crew member but also with ore and then rebuild (as it lost the drop off module). And there is an option if you do not set it to auto, no rebuilding will be done. There is no clear indication if it is ready or not. We may need to ask Klei to make it obvious (color coding may be or image change) when the module is fully ready. When I return the module I see that, a dup comes and bring some ore and then another dup comes and starts rebuilding it and then the module is ready to be reused

11 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

When the trailblazer or any other rocket module (e.g. rover) is not fully constructed (needs more materials for the deployed part) there is a warning. But then you have to "acknowledge" it, you don't immediately launch . (examples below)

Ah this is my fault. I saw that warning, but thought it was talking about a "landing rocket platform", not a lander in the module itself.

34 minutes ago, darknotezero said:

Ah this is my fault. I saw that warning, but thought it was talking about a "landing rocket platform", not a lander in the module itself.

so we do not need Klei to interfere if there is a clear warning. I did not see the warning as I always prepare modules for the next battle in the space....

Archived